For all you motorcyclists on here

r1flyguy

Ok so maybe not Porker insurance, but insurance nonetheless.

Mines up next month!

2009 Kawasaki ZX10R,

Full NCB

KISS security only

Advanced Rider Trained

No Claims/Convictions

About 4k / year (unfortunately)

Secured locked garage.

Quotes ranging from

£100.00 upwards

Excesses all seem to be around £600

And then the usual additions are optional with some brokers

Breakdown cover

NCD protection

Legal

So, my needs would be the above for sure and a lower excess

Any recommendations for companies please.

Tried the usual comparison sites.

Thanks in anticipation

Excess seems a little high maybe the type of bike(rocket ship) you have my Duke was around £230 although it was only a Monster,garaged/3 years NC/nice neighourhood etc......

I have big excesses on all 4 of my policies at the moment..

R1 is £450 and TLS is £350.

Boxster is £750 and Streetka is £650.

Can get them all down to much smaller excesses but then the premium goes through the roof.

Yep, looking for European cover as have 2 trips abroad penned in for this year, one to the 'Ring' the other into Spain, so good breakdown and European cover a must

I've always had good quotes from MCE (MC Edwards I think) - only a little GSX-R 600 but it was fun .........

Used MCE a couple of times over the last few years,

Anyone had occasion to test an insurance companies breakdown/European cover

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Insurance is sorted.

Bennets are doing a deal for an Insurance bundle.

Helmet & Leathers

Legal

European Cover

Breakdown with European recovery

Ride other bikes

Personal Accident

Select them all and 50% knocked off the price

NCB Protected

All in came to £197, didn't think that was too bad

It was £171, but I opted for European breakdown too.

I am already insured with Bennetts so it's just a continuation, I have a better policy this year than last and paying less, how cool is that :thumbsup_anim:

That's good. I renewed a few weeks ago, but didn't have time to chase around for quotes. I paid more than your deal, but that is for a few bikes on the one policy - though I reckon your bike is a higher value than all of mine together.

Not if you still have a few specials locked away in your garage.

Do you still have the RC45, how about an R7??

Not if you still have a few specials locked away in your garage.

Do you still have the RC45, how about an R7??

No, nothing like that any more. The 45 wasn't being used, and as others still have them on their wish list, it would have been selfish of me to just keep it locked away. I think I'm down to 5 or 6 at the moment, so you can tell there's a recession on. ;)

RC45 has always been one of my dream bikes.

Would love one.

It was good. As small as a 400, but with the power of a 750, you could take liberties with it going into a corner. With the CR gearbox, I found it best to set the idle fast, and ride it like a 2-stroke.

Mine was originally the chief marshal's bike at the '95 TT. Honda had a fleet of them registered that year and painted by Dream Machine as Castrol replicas. The bikes all had London registrations, but the PDI and first services were all done at the IOM Honda dealers, which I think was Bill Smith Motors, Castle Mona, at the time. M91 DLL, where are you now. :unsure:

I envy you the fact you have owned one mate...

You can't own history. I looked on it as being the custodian, for a few years. ;) I nearly p/x'd it once, for an NR, but the chap with the NR told me that I'd be disappointed against the '45. He should know, as he has 2 RC45s in his collection.

Frankly by about 2002, the Fireblade (the first of the little ones) had caught up in the chassis and suspension dept. and had a more powerful motor, so was a better bike, if you were to just consider it as a chunk of metal with a wheel at each end.

I envy you the fact you have owned one mate...

You can't own history. I looked on it as being the custodian, for a few years. ;) I nearly p/x'd it once, for an NR, but the chap with the NR told me that I'd be disappointed against the '45. He should know, as he has 2 RC45s in his collection.

Frankly by about 2002, the Fireblade (the first of the little ones) had caught up in the chassis and suspension dept. and had a more powerful motor, so was a better bike, if you were to just consider it as a chunk of metal with a wheel at each end.

Have to agree with you there Ian, I ws never a huge fan of the RC45 for looks alone, though yours sounded nice with the Castrol paint job. Realistically my first dream bike has to be the R7, purely for the way it looked and the way Haga used to ride the thing (I wish who would hurry up and win a world title, so close yet so far every year) !!!

Not many knocking about these days though.

Still prior to the 09 ZX10R I have now I had the 05 model and to tell you the truth, the lack of riding due to work overseas, shows up when I ride it for the first time each time I come home, the thing is just manic!!! 100+ in second gear (on closed roads of course)

Haga was good on the R7, but before that, I was always a fan of wild-child Tony Gobert on the ZX7R. Until I had one, I couldn't understand how he could slide BOTH wheels into a corner, but the first time I rode it, I had utter confidence. The front was just so planted, and transmitted everything to the rider. Scott Russel was good on the old ZXR750 as well.

I know what you mean about lack of use - that's why I'm happy just to use my SV nowadays. I don't think I could handle a modern sports bike now. I know that my thought process has got slower, and I'd be lucky to still be alive by the time I got that back up to speed. :blush2:

• 1 year later...

Archived