How to: Fog lights as DRL: the Uktinpol 2 hack

drago.d

Thanks drago.d, yes they are LED. I bought h11 by mistake so a little filing needed to fit. No canbus errors with them. Should have bough h8. Thanks again Graeme, I'm using the "home" function too

No canbus errors, good stuff. Which ones are they (hope they do H8 version) and where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, just done a similar hack to my 2004 3.2S. Hooked up a relay to the wiring behind the light switch so that if ignition is on fogs are on (LEDs). If low or high beam is on fogs are off unless the switch is pulled out in which case they're also on. The relay is off of eBay and accessible from above the driver side heater duct in case I need to pull it for purposes of appeasing Plod or at MOT time.

If anyone wants a How To let me know.

Daz

OK, just done a similar hack to my 2004 3.2S. Hooked up a relay to the wiring behind the light switch so that if ignition is on fogs are on (LEDs). If low or high beam is on fogs are off unless the switch is pulled out in which case they're also on. The relay is off of eBay and accessible from above the driver side heater duct in case I need to pull it for purposes of appeasing Plod or at MOT time.

If anyone wants a How To let me know.

Daz

Well done.

Why not post the process and details on the "How to" forum for future reference. Your post and offer will get lost here.

• 1 month later...

new%20boxster%20front%20LEDs%20008_zpsut

quote name="Mr Bear" post="777390" timestamp="1428514716"]

Just performed this mod today with the diode from Maplins and Fog light LED bulbs from eBay. Works a treat! Thanks to the OP who designed and put the instructions together

Edited by Guvs

Thanks, I 'm getting to like the Guards Red Just as much as I liked my Speed Yellow, im going to have to get some new photos of the DRL's with my personalised plate,

Box%20001_zps4cqrqhfu.jpg

new%20boxster%20front%20LEDs%20004_zpstn

Guvs.

Edited by Guvs