How to: Fog lights as DRL: the Uktinpol 2 hack

drago.d

I know - 5.5W sounds low but the site definitely states "Power Consumption: 5.46W"

The passenger bulb (the whiter of the 2) is the one I have replaced. Here are some more pictures showing both replaced and what they look like with the headlights on as well (when in fog light mode).

post-30514-0-09936400-1446200769_thumb.j

post-30514-0-25448600-1446200780_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

(2) REMOVE LIGHT SWITCH

I removed the light switch by pushing in the light switch while in the OFF position, and turning gently clockwise until it clicked. Then the switch just slides out. Unplug the Light switch from

the wiring harness and plug.

OK I have tried this this morning however I have been unable to move the switch in the clockwise direction. :sad01_anim:

How much force is required when rotating clockwise and roughly how much rotation??

OK I am a donkey!! :lol:

Done it ............push in rotate switch and pull our switch. I was expecting the whole unit to rotate to release.

No force required at all

:blush:

I know I did exactly the same as you, I even went as far as to get my son over for him to have a go, and as sweet as a nut it came out first time for him and he just looked at me as if to say "you donkey" after he showed me it was easy peasy, I too was expecting it to be harder than it was.

Guvs

OK I am a donkey!! :lol:

Done it ............push in rotate switch and pull our switch. I was expecting the whole unit to rotate to release.

No force required at all

:blush:

I know I did exactly the same as you, I even went as far as to get my son over for him to have a go, and as sweet as a nut it came out first time for him and he just looked at me as if to say "you donkey" after he showed me it was easy peasy, I too was expecting it to be harder than it was.

Guvs

:laughingsmiley::thumbsup_anim:

Very nice, and I love the photo, nice clean Drive and very synchronised with the door/mirrors

Guvs.

Will let you get away with the leaves as it's still the tail end of autumn. :whistle1:

Edited by Guvs

Very nice, and I love the photo, nice clean Drive and very synchronised with the door/mirrors

Guvs.

Will let you get away with the leaves as it's still the tail end of autumn. :whistle1:

:lol: The leaves came out of the radiator intakes...........honest :D

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, marks44 said:

Is this a mod for 986 owners?

No its for 987s the 986 hasn't got the "home" position on the headlight switch & with the fogs being in the headlights on 986s i am not sure  it will look right (photos anyone?). Looks awesome on the 987 though having done it to mates car.

986 Foglight Mod

I havent done any research on the above but apparently running a wire from the foglight fuse to the fog light relay pin 56 has the desired effect on a 986.

On 3 March 2016 at 2:07 PM, Boxsterboy09 said:

What colour blue is that, shes beautiful. 

I'd like to get this on mine but will do for lower wattage or maybe a few individual LEDs. Will post photos along the way.

Cobalt blue :-)

• 2 weeks later...

F.H. have you seen the size of the diode ? and I'm sure it would cost more than the price of a first class stamp to post it to Scotland, have you not got a Maplins near you ? they cost 0.49p

Guvs.

54 minutes ago, Guvs said:

F.H. have you seen the size of the diode ? and I'm sure it would cost more than the price of a first class stamp to post it to Scotland, have you not got a Maplins near you ? they cost 0.49p

Guvs.

my nearest maplins is just over 70 miles from me ........ :wacko:

10 hours ago, fat haggis said:

my nearest maplins iit just over 70 miles from me ........ :wacko:

Worth a stamp then! lol

I'm Sure someone on here said they had bought a few, If I had one I'd send It up to you, checked the first thread on this post It has the Item number ! and I've checked maplins web site free delivery orders over £10 might be worth seeing how much they will charge to send you one, well worth the hassle easy brilliant Mod to do.

Guvs.

1 minute ago, Guvs said:

Worth a stamp then! lol

I'm Sure someone on here said they had bought a few, If I had one I'd send It up to you, checked the first thread on this post It has the Item number ! and I've checked maplins web site free delivery orders over £10 might be worth seeing how much they will charge to send you one, well worth the hassle easy brilliant Mod to do.

Guvs.

im going into glasgow today  . so might try and find a maplins 

• Like 1