Selling the 986

Boxatricks

After two and a half years of ownership, I've decided to sell the Boxster. Unfortunately, I just don't drive it enough to justify having it sat in the garage. These great cars don't like being 'Garage Queens', and I'd rather someone else had it who could drive it more than I do.

Someone will be getting one of the most sorted early 986's out there, in the launch colour combination of Arctic Silver and red interior, with a cracking private plate in the deal.

Of course I'm selling it one minute, keeping it the next, but deep down, I know it's the right thing to do to move it onto the next owner.

I'll stick a FS thread up tomorrow.

Boxster 1.jpg

Boxster 2.jpg

Boxster 3.jpg

Hi Boxatricks. The silver / red colour combination, together with the 19" Carerra alloys, looks just fantastic, IMHO.  It makes the car appear more contemporary and modern than its age would suggest.

I take your point about Boxsters needing to be driven but, that said, I ran a 2006 987 for six years from 2010 until earlier this year.  It was very much a "sunny day" second car and I averaged under 3,000 miles a year without encountering any "lack of use" problems.  My local indy advised me to take it out once a week and give it a decent run, getting everything up to temperature.  That car is now owned by a friend, who uses it just as I did.

If that doesn't persuade you to think again ? then best of luck with the sale. You should have lots of interest in such a nice example.

Really does look great with the facelift lights, red roof and lobster wheels. Definitely a modern twist on the classic silver/red colour combination. Will keep an eye out for the for sale thread (if you have the heart to write one) and show some friends who I want to join the BoXa clan.

Thanks guys.

The car has been well cared for by Russ and the Revolution guys during my ownership. They've serviced it twice (major service in March just gone), plus a new clutch, camshaft deviation guides, suspension overhaul, roof realignment and, most importantly of all, the exhaust bypass mod!!

Great looking car that's been looked after! 

Mine is a weekend car and I don't think I ve done much over 1k in it in the last year but I enjoy every mile and that's what counts!

Its a shame your letting go but if you've made your mind up that's it!

Good luck with the sale but I don't think you will need it, some one will snatch that up!

Agree , I think thats the finest looking early 986 I've seen anywhere to date

Unless you're bored with it.... want something else or need the money, to heck with trying to justify owning it

Just keep it and enjoy, I think you might regret your decision to sell

Mike

Love the front facelift lights Boxatricks have a similar aged car was gonna go back to amber past owner had done all except the fronts,can someone point me (newbie) in the right direction for front replacements for clear for a 97 -986

Many thanks Rob 

Hi Chris,

Keep the Boxster and let the Nissan go! You know it makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, Ringer250 said:

Hi Chris,

Keep the Boxster and let the Nissan go! You know it makes sense. 

sell a kidney mate you won't miss it as much as the porker :woot:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Tex24v said:

I'm sad, she was a real beaut Chris.

Sold to someone on here?

Are you gonna get some more pork to replace her?

She was a beauty indeed. I sold it to James (jimbob2911) on here, yes. Really pleased it stayed in the club.

No plans to buy another Porsche for a while yet. Selling the Boxster only cut my fleet by 20%!!

6 hours ago, Boxatricks said:

She was a beauty indeed. I sold it to James (jimbob2911) on here, yes. Really pleased it stayed in the club.

No plans to buy another Porsche for a while yet. Selling the Boxster only cut my fleet by 20%!!

Ok, Hope you stick around though.

Was nice to meet and chat with you at Hedingham last year.

Mind you, if you spend too much time on here it wont be long till you need to scratch the itch again :lol:

Archived