Carnewal exhaust from Gert on 981

np90

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One word "enjoy" I love the sound on my Carnewal, it's got to be the top/number one mod to a Boxster.

Guvs

9 minutes ago, Guvs said:

One word "enjoy" I love the sound on my Carnewal, it's got to be the top/number one mod to a Boxster.

Guvs

Totally agree! :thumbsup_anim:

Ditto..... Had mine (987.1 2.7) done last month up with Russ at Revolution....  have really noticed the drop in fuel consumption as I now want to go everywhere at 5000rpm!

had it in a tunnel this weekend, and it sounded absolutely fantastic

On 25/07/2016 at 11:23 PM, Andy526rt said:

have really noticed the drop in fuel consumption as I now want to go everywhere at 5000rpm!

I thought it was just me!!  Worth every penny of extra fuel though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27 July 2016 at 7:27 PM, Nath said:

I thought it was just me!!  Worth every penny of extra fuel though.

Guys we need to get a 981 with PSE and one of our's with the Carnewal GT exhaust side by side and really see what's better.

i can notice the difference in note since getting the mod but can't help thinking what the PSE would sound like. I really ought to just enough my Porsche! 

6 hours ago, topradio said:

I have never heard Carnewal zorst on a 981 so I would love to do a side by side comparison with the PSE

Eddie, next time we meet, we can compare! It would be 2.7 against 3.4 though. Had my Carnewal modified exhaust since March 2015. The PSE is definitely louder and slightly deeper sounding.

6 hours ago, temporarychicken said:

I heard a guy on this forum with a 986 who went to Carnewal. They cut a hole in your exhaust box, take it the innards, put some new innards in, and weld a plate over it.

On the 981 Carnewal, I inspected the boxes before they were fitted by Gert. No welded plate, the boxes are split open then modified.

7 hours ago, np90 said:

Guys we need to get a 981 with PSE and one of our's with the Carnewal GT exhaust side by side and really see what's better.

i can notice the difference in note since getting the mod but can't help thinking what the PSE would sound like. I really ought to just enough my Porsche! 

I will be at the Blackbushe meet up on the 21st subject to weather. If you or Steve make it, we can do a non scientific comparison then. 

I think the Carnewal is deeper sounding but difficult to tell in isolation as both sound great. 

1 hour ago, CliveH said:

Really?

When compared to Boxsternoob56, who does like his PSE on! We have driven to several meets together and his is loud!

2 hours ago, Ringer250 said:

When compared to Boxsternoob56, who does like his PSE on! We have driven to several meets together and his is loud!

Steve, I'd also say that the S seems louder with PSE than the non S, but perhaps that's just me 

2 hours ago, tcornet said:

Steve, I'd also say that the S seems louder with PSE than the non S, but perhaps that's just me 

Tony, I would tend to agree, could also be slightly different on revs between a manual and PDK.

12 hours ago, Ringer250 said:

You know it's hard to know when you are in the cabin....I'd love to follow me sometime to enjoy it in a different way :)

7 hours ago, Ringer250 said:

Tony, I would tend to agree, could also be slightly different on revs between a manual and PDK.

I'd agree the manual and PDK will be different to some extent...2.7 and S also

• 3 years later...
On 12/20/2019 at 3:54 PM, robporsche said:

quick question, looking to do the exhaust swap but what was the cost to send the old exhaust back ?

http://www.carnewal.com/Exhaust#981

Si

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

Had my Carnewal exhaust fitted last week and since done approx 150 or so miles. 

Im still waiting for the noticeable pops and crackles plus over run which are not currently evident. 🤔

Typically, how long would one expect to wait to see a noticeable improvement ? I see that some have mentioned 150 miles?

On 12/24/2019 at 3:07 PM, mrbikerdood said:

I'm sending one back early September and it's around £40.

when i ordered the GT exhaust, Gert sent me 3-4 companies that he regularly deals with and that is the estimate

47 minutes ago, villaman said:

Hi guys,

Had my Carnewal exhaust fitted last week and since done approx 150 or so miles. 

Im still waiting for the noticeable pops and crackles plus over run which are not currently evident. 🤔

Typically, how long would one expect to wait to see a noticeable improvement ? I see that some have mentioned 150 miles?

Yes, around 150 miles as the ECU has to analyse and accommodate with the additional exhaust girth. That's what Gert told me 2 years ago when I did mine, and what happened.

Archived