Colours for a 981????

michelin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tim_ said:

I agree on the points about Black! I'd go silver... Quite rare for a 981 .

loads of silver ones about.  I like the grey - but it's a sports car!!  so red, blue or yellow makes it stand out. Oh, and gold!

I had a black 987 and loved it....IMHO black on a 981 doesn't show the lines so well (you kind of miss the vents as they are also black also)

I wouldn't have one in black personally just for that reason

1 minute ago, Gorsh said:

loads of silver ones about.  I like the grey - but it's a sports car!!  so red, blue or yellow makes it stand out. Oh, and gold!

I see mainly white, black and red when I search the ads for them.

Black is great, so moody and cool.   But it's a pain to keep clean and stone chips looks utterly awful on black. It's a show colour, not a practical one.

i like the 981 in white personally, it really suits the shape. :D

Unfortunately everyone has their own favourite colour and I don't think your going to get any final decision from us lot.

suggest to your OPC you would like every colour lined up so you can decide which you prefer!!  ?

My favourite is the agate grey though the gold with red I have seen, i think a box a club member did catch my eye..

I think wheel colour just as important to get right. Ours is Rhodium Silver with 20" Carrera S wheels  painted satin platinum. ie not silver with silver.

keeps clean looking for longer than black (obviously) or white IMHO

I love my agate grey , however went for lunch on Sunday to the railway at Abergynolwyn near Tywyn and a lovely gleaming guards red 981 passed by. It did look stunning in the sunshine and it was clean❕ 1st job today.......give mine a much needed clean?.

Archived