Colours for a 981????

michelin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/10/2016 at 5:33 PM, T24RES said:

I guess you've seen the White 981 for sale here on the forum?

I have seen it and it's a cracker! I have a house sale going through at the moment so funds aren't available just yet. Solicitor's and Building Societies are the bain of my level at the moment :-(

My reason the visit this weekend is that I haven't actually sat in one or driven one!

s!AmaUH58Q8twhglBIr_EvI6PYElxC

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmaUH58Q8twhglBIr_EvI6PYElxC

I always avoided black cars but previous car was metallic black and was easy to care for, 981 in white looks great but would not buy this as always looks dirty.  I think they look great in black, white and silver but went for the blue above which I love and is a bit more unusual.

( no sure why my picture isn't showing, how are you showing inline images?)

• 2 weeks later...

My first was white, second grey and now red....t*ss up for me between the red and white, dont see many reds out there so that probably gets my vote.

BTW had a black Saab 900 Turbo in the 90's never again (both the car and colour) until I was offered a great deal on a metallic black 987S in 2012 and within a month I'd traded it...the colour and its vulnerability drove me mad (the white 981S was the trade up)!

Keith

next meetings we should do a red,white,blue line up/drive :)

Si

2 hours ago, huytonman said:

...don't see many reds out there...

That's interesting.  There aren't many 981s (or Boxsters of any sort) in these parts,  so I've no idea as to the popularity or otherwise of various colours.  Judging only from my recent visit to OPC Colchester, "greyscale" Porsches seem to be the most popular and my Guards Red example did rather stand out in their car park.

Does anyone have any idea as to the distribution of 981 colours in the UK?

On 7 October 2016 at 10:27 PM, Toeside said:

BLACK Metallic

IMG_2071_zps4jbed7v8.jpg

Unfortunately I think Black hides the lines of the 981 and makes it almost a 987 clone.......White though, that really shows the 981 to it's best........IMHO.

32 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Unfortunately I think Black hides the lines of the 981 and makes it almost a 987 clone.......White though, that really shows the 981 to it's best........IMHO.

I think you are correct on both points...

26 minutes ago, Toeside said:

Thanks guys :P  

Yes I see what you mean about my 987 'lookie likee'................no classic 981 lines to be seen. :lol:

Well, maybe...but your Boxster still looks absolutely fantastic...very mean and stealthy! 

I'm not normally a fan of black alloys, but here they look the business.  

Not sure I'd have the patience to keep it quite that clean and shiny though! 

2 hours ago, Toeside said:

Thanks guys :P  

Yes I see what you mean about my 987 'lookie likee'................no classic 981 lines to be seen. :lol:

Of course the viewing angles make a difference also.........people say they all look the same......from behind, the usual view they get :D

Archived