Did all Gen IIs come with rear diffusers?

Araf

As per the title really.  I noticed that mine has rear diffusers either side of the exhaust, and wondered if they all came like that.  If so, why did they then move away from that for the 981 meaning that people on here are having to retro-fit them. :blink: 

20 minutes ago, T24RES said:

Porsche tax ?

That figures.  I guess it was something they could have added to a final edition, if sales were slow. :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, M12MTR said:

My 987.2 has rear diffusers. Think they all did from end of 2009 to mid 2012.

Thanks for confirming. :) 

3 hours ago, T24RES said:

They did it was called a GTS

they didn't do a 987 GTS...it came along with the 981...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_Boxster/Cayman#987_facelift

Cosmetic changes to the 2009 Boxster and Boxster S include new head and tail lights, larger front air intakes with incorporated day time running lights, and an altered lower rear end flanked by twin diffusers. The interior includes the redesigned Porsche Communication Management System as an option with a touchscreen interface to reduce button clutter.

and/or with the SportDesign package

4 hours ago, Araf said:

If so, why did they then move away from that for the 981 meaning that people on here are having to retro-fit them. :blink: 

Stu, you missed the op's comment about the 981, probably referring to my recent addition. Hence my response in #2, etc. And Arafs witty banter ?

4 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

they didn't do a 987 GTS...it came along with the 981...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_Boxster/Cayman#987_facelift

Cosmetic changes to the 2009 Boxster and Boxster S include new head and tail lights, larger front air intakes with incorporated day time running lights, and an altered lower rear end flanked by twin diffusers. The interior includes the redesigned Porsche Communication Management System as an option with a touchscreen interface to reduce button clutter.

and/or with the SportDesign package

2 minutes ago, T24RES said:

Stu, you missed the op's comment about the 981, probably referring to my recent addition. Hence my response in #2, etc. And Arafs witty banter ?

Oh i get you...you were referring to the subtraction from the 981 as standard and addition to the 981 GTS,...misread and thought you were saying there was a 987 GTS :)

Incidentally @Ringer250 has diffusers fitted to his 981 non GTS...so has another member I cant recall...both fitted aftermarket

15 hours ago, Araf said:

That figures.  I guess it was something they could have added to a final edition, if sales were slow. :rolleyes:

Thanks for confirming. :) 

Just wondering where the 987 "Sports Edition" figures in the grand scheme of things it came before the Gen 2, but has rear skirt deffuser and front splitter also has a sports steering wheel and PASM thrown.

As you say Araf must of been the same for the end of the Gen 1.

Guvs.

Archived