What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

17 hours ago, Sazzy said:

Had it's major service today. They even commented on what a nice clean example it was, but asked what plonker put the dent in the boot!

corrected for you ...

1 minute ago, rowbos said:

That did spring to mind when I saw this post, but I didn't want to drag the painful past up!

No, tact is your superpower (and not mine) :(

6 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

No, tact is your superpower (and not mine) :(

:) yes I aim to be Incredibly tactful ?

I have just realised there is a whole bunch of new emoticons available on the forum - at least on my laptop browser!  Forum software update I presume... there are even skin tones which is interesting - I don't think I have seen that option before!

38 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I have just realised there is a whole bunch of new emoticons available on the forum - at least on my laptop browser!  Forum software update I presume... there are even skin tones which is interesting - I don't think I have seen that option before!

Thank you for your tact haha

They are the same ones as Watsapp smileys ?

51 minutes ago, rowbos said:

what new icons, I thought these have always been here! :)

:bana:
Edited by Southy

5 minutes ago, Southy said:

Well done ! I thought the old ones, which i prefer, had gone. Now i see they are still there if you scroll down far enough :bana:

Edited by red rocket

4 minutes ago, Southy said:

There is an option for skin tone now and lots more emoticons - I'm sure this must only have appeared in the last few days...?  ?

1 minute ago, red rocket said:

Well done ! I thought the old ones, which i prefer, had gone. Now i see they are still there if you scroll down far enough :blush::bana:

@rowbos :party: 

Edited by Southy

1 hour ago, rowbos said:

This is confusing - I noticed the new emojis yesterday, although on my PC they just appears as black & white outlines. On my android tablet they are in colour, but I don't see any differetn skintones there.

On a slightly different topic, I also noticed yesterday that in the settings for Facebook Messenger, you can select what skintone you want as your default for the 'thumbs up' emoji. Mine still seems to be set to a (perhaps culturally innappropriate) bright yellow ... 

56 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

This is confusing - I noticed the new emojis yesterday, although on my PC they just appears as black & white outlines. On my android tablet they are in colour, but I don't see any differetn skintones there.

On a slightly different topic, I also noticed yesterday that in the settings for Facebook Messenger, you can select what skintone you want as your default for the 'thumbs up' emoji. Mine still seems to be set to a (perhaps culturally innappropriate) bright yellow ... 

I'm using a Samsung android tablet. There's an option to select skin tone at the top, next to Categories

Fitted some LED H7 bulbs to the foglamps to match my LED side lights and litronics. Then stood and admired my refurbished wheels, courtesy of Excel Wheels. Great friendly service from Chris and I regret I did not take before pics. I can post some "after" if anyone is interested.

One problem, tyres again, I have Continental Sport Contact 2's on the front with bags of tread but Continental no longer produce this tyre or any other N rate tyre in the size for the rears 255/40/R17 so its either 4 new tyres, none N rated Conti's or Michelin PS2 N rated on the back and match when the fronts wear out - Bu**er!!!

10 hours ago, rowbos said:

That did spring to mind when I saw this post, but I didn't want to drag the painful past up!

Talking about painful, I asked a dent removal guy how much he charges (without seeing the car) and he said £220! ?

2 hours ago, PaulQ said:

SC'2's will be ancient (check the DOT) Best to replace all four with something more modern, though your choice will be limited if you stick to 205/255.

Thanks for the heads up, the DOT are 0415 and 0716 so Ok I believe. What other sizes could I fit on my my wheels??? A spare set of wheels complete with tyres I purchased from a member here, has, I noted 225/45/R17 on the front with the normal 255/40 on the rear, akways been a puzzel. At the moment I favour the Michelin PS2 option for rears and replace the front Contis when worn with Michelin to match.

9 hours ago, Sazzy said:

Talking about painful, I asked a dent removal guy how much he charges (without seeing the car) and he said £220! ?

Try elsewhere!! I asked a 'named brand' dent removal company how much to sort a small dent, they were around £200 as well. So I spoke to the bodyshop who eventually painted my bumper and the chap they use for minor dents did it for £50, only took him 15 mins and the job was perfect. I'd ask at your nearest indy who they use for dents :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Topbox said:

Thanks for the heads up, the DOT are 0415 and 0716 so Ok I believe. What other sizes could I fit on my my wheels??? A spare set of wheels complete with tyres I purchased from a member here, has, I noted 225/45/R17 on the front with the normal 255/40 on the rear, akways been a puzzel. At the moment I favour the Michelin PS2 option for rears and replace the front Contis when worn with Michelin to match.

225/45 work well on the front, though your contis are fairly new, so yes just replace the rears :)

Best weather so far this year, long drive planned, go to put the roof down and it breaks again. ? Spend ages stuck in BH traffic to go to Halfords, Screwfix and anywhere else we could find open to buy the stupid little nut. No one has it. Bodged it, went out for about 15 miles.  

Think the OH is finally running out of patience with it (as am I )

Going to sit and drink wine in the garden ...?

Finalised the fitment of OBC and cruise, a lesson learned about buying used from the States, the switch that was sold as tested and working wasnt, the indicator wouldnt cancel and its too long ago to do anything about it now. Fortunately I found a brand new set on Ebay at a healthy discount and that had a twist to it, when it turned up the part wasnt the one printed on the box (three stalk instead of four) but a nice discount offered in the way of compensation so all good there.

Next job is to bypass the crummy 4 channel MOST amp to allow me to install a decent head unit, then thats it until the new exhaust arrives!