What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

28 minutes ago, edc said:

Porsche bonnet badge probably cheaper than £28 from the OPC. 

I don’t remember the actual figure but I bought one last year for my 987.1. I think it was around the £80 mark minus 10% PCGB discount.  

Well I have a 981 version still in my garage from a couple of years ago and if it was much more than £35 I would have never bought it! 

Fitted 7mm aluminium spacers all round today, while the wheels were off I also took the liberty off cleaning the wheels thoroughly before treating them to 2x coats of Poor Boys wheel sealant. 

Very happy with the rend result, with the new Eibach roll bars set to firm at the front and soft at the rear and now with the slightly widened track I can finally rear some rotation on the rear end. Very happy. 

Cleaned the MAF and Throttle Body, now much smoother at low revs 

Car had an AOS failure before I bought it, and it was clear where all the oil ended up ?

Fixed my roof! Well 99% and it's the best it's going to be. 2hrs of trying to align perfectly the left side to the right was an absolute nightmare, every mm makes a difference.

It's not perfect but I don't think it can be as things went a bit out of shape.

Be nice to actually get a roof down drive in this weather now! Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sazzy said:

Fixed my roof! Well 99% and it's the best it's going to be. 2hrs of trying to align perfectly the left side to the right was an absolute nightmare, every mm makes a difference.

It's not perfect but I don't think it can be as things went a bit out of shape.

Be nice to actually get a roof down drive in this weather now! Fingers crossed! 

Well done! I know what a bloody PITA it is to get aligned.  ?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sazzy said:

Thanks, yeah I don't want to be repeating that anytime soon! 

Well done on the fix it looked a right mess, you must be a bit chuffed at sorting that ???

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Topbox said:

Well done on the fix it looked a right mess, you must be a bit chuffed at sorting that ???

Thanks alot, main thing is I've saved myself a fortune which I wouldn't have been able to shell out for right now as I've just forked out for a major service and plugs. I just hope it's ok as my Porsche paranoia is at 99.9% ! :stun:

Hi

I replaced both condensers today, car is booked in for a regas tomorrow. Hopefully I will have cold air after the regas.

Apologies on the image sizes, it took a while just to get those imbedded!!!!!

Hopefully see you at Beaulieu?

v5lFiqy.jpg

QQAxVSX.jpg

OfogXOD.jpg

39 minutes ago, S14 said:

Just a follow-up to my last post.

The air-con was re-gassed today, and so far all seems good.

So it’s top down and air-con on?

Great result!

Washed car and roof and re proofed roof with Autoglym kit. 

Had a tentative go with the clay bar I got for my birthday last week. Never used one before, so watched some you tube vids, hope I did it right!  Only got half the car done but wow what a difference!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, Sazzy said:

Washed car and roof and re proofed roof with Autoglym kit. 

Had a tentative go with the clay bar I got for my birthday last week. Never used one before, so watched some you tube vids, hope I did it right!  Only got half the car done but wow what a difference!

You do know you have to was/polish after using a clay bar too ?

1 hour ago, Patt said:

You do know you have to was/polish after using a clay bar too ?

Yep, I covered the car, finished the other half yesterday and waxed it. I'm still learning alot but it feels like glass now ☺️

Finally got hold of a new bonnet badge. Went to remove the old one, stuck fast with a thick layer of glue!! Got it all off, took paint with it, not the end of the world I thought as new badge will cover it.

Fitted new one and it doesn't sit in the same place! Now im left with a right mess. 

bJm3Wcd.jpg

Help!!! What would you do? Absolutely gutted, right before Beaulieu. ???

Edited by Sazzy

18 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

Finally got hold of a new bonnet badge. Went to remove the old one, stuck fast with a thick layer of glue!! Got it all off, took paint with it, not the end of the world I thought as new badge will cover it.

Fitted new one and it doesn't sit in the same place! Now im left with a right mess. 

bJm3Wcd.jpg

What's stopping that badge from fitting where the old one was incidentally? Has it got locating legs? 

Edited by oVerboost

5 minutes ago, oVerboost said:

What's stopping that badge from fitting where the old one was incidentally? Has it got locating legs? 

I think what's happened is the previous owner glued a badge on without the pins. The pins were in the holes but I think they'd snapped off from a previous badge. I bet they'd had it stolen.

23 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

bJm3Wcd.jpg

Strange!  They should only fit in one place as far as I know.   Can you put the old one back on for now?

Or get the glue off with some solvent and polish the area up a bit...