What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

10 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Do you think you would get enough height with them to drop a gearbox out?

Definitely. It comes with rubber blocks that can be stacked. I would get an extra 3: if I used both sets stacked. I'm pretty sure the transmission would fit under the car without a problem.

5 hours ago, Nickyg63 said:

machine polished the front, one side & bootlid with a 3 stage correction from autobrite!!  

IMG_0295

the shine is looking great!!

Will get the car turned around and finish the job....

That looks mint

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Christopher2110 said:

Nicky, 

How’s the fitting going? Is there a how to you followed or is it just some common sense, wouldn’t mind having a go!

having taken seats apart in the past its pretty straight forward, also having the correct tools helps.

1 hour ago, Rav said:

I would love to do this on my car too. If at all possible, could you do a write up?

Its fairly straight forward. however i can maybe try to get something put together if you like?

23 minutes ago, Nickyg63 said:

I have written it up @Rav just going to get some pics to aid the whole process!

thank you in advance, I've had heated seat pads in my ebay watch list for 3 years lol

Edited by Southy
  • Like 1

Bought my first Box (a 2003 S) back in September. Spent the last few days doing a major service, antifreeze flush, the off bit of waxoyling and swapping the existing backbox for a bypass one that I bought (from a fellow member) a few months back. A nice mix of preventative maintenance and increased enjoyment. Great to get to know the car - some different (tighter!) packaging to more run-of-the-mill stuff, but nothing fundamentally scary. And a serious amount of cash saved. 

9 hours ago, MattO89 said:

Bought my first Box (a 2003 S) back in September. Spent the last few days doing a major service, antifreeze flush, the off bit of waxoyling and swapping the existing backbox for a bypass one that I bought (from a fellow member) a few months back. A nice mix of preventative maintenance and increased enjoyment. Great to get to know the car - some different (tighter!) packaging to more run-of-the-mill stuff, but nothing fundamentally scary. And a serious amount of cash saved. 

awesome, another member that isn't afraid to get their hands dirty!!  Enjoy!

Fixed the instrument cluster back light, swapping out the 1.5v bulb, put a new stainless steel exhaust tip from Porsche on my exhaust looks stock and is nice and shiny and also replaced the plastic petrol cap and with a lovely alloy one.

Edited by the baron

42 minutes ago, the baron said:

Fixed the instrument cluster back light, swapping out the 1.5v bulb, put a new stainless steel exhaust tip from Porsche on my exhaust looks stock and is nice and shiny and also replaced the plastic petrol cap and with a lovely alloy one.

All sounds good but:

:):):)