What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

1 hour ago, the baron said:

Nice Aston in the car park too

It was a jag, xk I believe. 

58 minutes ago, el 3.2S said:

Looks warmer than 4c, there is a chap in shorts!:cool03:

It was bitter, he is clearly nuts or a postman

As it's been drizzle all day here in East Sussex I concentrated on the interior today and cleaned/conditioned leather, then got busy with the cotton buds dusting and cleaning everywhere in cabin. Even cleaned behind wind deflector and gave the carpets a fragrance. Very satisfying couple of hours. 

I opened the garage to have a look at her then removed my golf clubs from the boot. No way was I driving her in that weather. Why I wanted to play golf is a question for my psychiatrist. Shot 35pts so happy but lost all felling in my left had, wet glove.

Gave her a 2 x snow foam, Meguiars gold class shampoo and wheel cleaner, dried off followed by a poorboys 2.5 polish and some aqua fast wax to finish.

Going to attack the inside as soon as it warms up!! Need to start looking at replacing the hood for a red/glass one and uprating the speakers.

Will do, it’s a 21st birthday prezzi for my daughter, but truth be told I will drive it more than her and it’s currently in need of some tlc, so I’ve finally got myself a project.

Reminds me of when she was 5, I bought her a scalalextric, I think she’s cottened on to me now,  she just humours me. ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the baron said:

Will do, it’s a 21st birthday prezzi for my daughter, but truth be told I will drive it more than her and it’s currently in need of some tlc, so I’ve finally got myself a project.

Reminds me of when she was 5, I bought her a scalalextric, I think she’s cottened on to me now,  she just humours me. ?

Good plan, I need to do the same for my son :)  though knowing him I would never see it!  I did buy him a Playstation with Gran Turismo + steering wheel and a Scalextric set when he was 6 months old - that worked well!

• 2 weeks later...

Took the hard top off. Might put it back on as it provides much better noise insulation. That said, roof down and occasional flakes of snow in the eyes was fun!  Also changed a head light bulb. Surprised how easy that was. Just changed on in the Mondeo ST and that took 5 times as long.