What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

16 minutes ago, Southy said:

Ooooo like that details please ?

It's a Cosmos car cover. On Amazon and eBay. Really impressed with the quality and fit (medium) for under £50! Red black or dark green, had to be red! 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

It's a Cosmos car cover. On Amazon and eBay. Really impressed with the quality and fit (medium) for under £50! Red black or dark green, had to be red! 

I have the black one.  Works well...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Saxosim said:

Cool those covers look great.  my god @rowbos those spare wheels on the wall look great, are they for a 986?  What are they and what sort of size?

They are rather nice wheels I agree :)

They are my summer wheels.

19" Spyder -  Not sure if they would fit a 986?  @CliveH had a set for sale if you are interested...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart986/912 said:

Spent nearly £2.5k having the failed plastic and corroded metal parts replaced and a major service but feel happy its been done

? phew.Any chance of pics of the bits replaced?No doubt feels better for the hit tho.

On 11/03/2018 at 10:13 AM, rowbos said:

I have the black one.  Works well...

38511705150_0e40ef66e5_b.jpg

Glad you got H & S covered with those wheel hooks, could be a serious accident if the fell off the floor!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terryg said:

Glad you got H & S covered with those wheel hooks, could be a serious accident if the fell off the floor!

They are supported just off the floor so I don't get any flat spots and they are also out of the way :P

2 minutes ago, geraintthomas said:

Made a custom face overlay that has a small slit at the bottom to slide under the needle and over the stem without removing the needles ;)

B0mgZbGl.jpg

kfQ5n6Cl.jpg

4viRtoPl.jpg

cZ4Wbf4l.jpg

Lovely work mate. Can you do your magic on the 981 :wub:

7 minutes ago, fat haggis said:

Lovely work mate. Can you do your magic on the 981 :wub:

Unfortunately not due to the fact that the gap below the needle and the bottom of the face is much larger, so you'll see the slit. Unless you were comfortable with removing the needles, then I can do whatever you like for as long as the faces are white for the colour to show through :)

23 hours ago, Liberty said:

? phew.Any chance of pics of the bits replaced?No doubt feels better for the hit tho.

Ive had the car 12months, its got 44K on the clock and a full Porsche history. To be fair Porsche had picked up on most of the points but previous owner did not get them done, as not major problems. Mainly plastic bits that have cracked with heat, such as oil filler pipe and maf clip, plus a lot of corrosion to brake clips and surface rust on pipes etc

I have piece of mind now and hopefully no large bills in the future,

I must say Precision Porsche are fantastic, gave the car a health check. They kept informed on the cost all the way through and the estimates were bang on price. Really professional and impressed. The first time ive used them , my other porsche , an early aircooled, goes to another garage, so was a bit worried trying somewhere new!

As we are due snow tomorrow I thought it made perfect sense to clean the cars. Also digging around in the garage found my old 986 Anni floor mats (charcoal/black). Swapped out the rarer Cocoa mats to preserve them. Then polished up the exhaust tips on both cars. 

Checked in with the garage who are sure it’s bsd fuel or a Lamda sensor. They will drop the fuel and put clean shell fuel in for a good long test and if that doesn’t cure it swap the lamda. Either way, she come home sorted tomorrow. She’s been missed... 

Went to the dealers this afternoon and prepared myself for a wallet bypass operation due to planned purchase of 8 litres of coolant. They were open but the parts department was closed. Never manage to get anything there by making less than two visits. They told me the parts department would be closed every afternoon this week due to Easter:unsure:.  Whilst there though, I observed a car for sale which made the cost of my planned purchase rather pale into insignificance:blink:. Lovely car.

imageimageimage

Do not really follow new car prices very closely, but when did new 911's start costing over a quarter of a million Euros!?