Sundry additions to your 981

JohnSyn

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, rowbos said:

According to the great oracle Google he shall remain nameless...

Ah...wasn't sure but thought that.

'Put a tiger in your tank'...or as Stuart is trying to so..'Put a Tiger in your house'!

2 minutes ago, Graham W said:

I seem to remember it was Tony the Tiger in the Esso ads?

I do not remember the Tiger being named in the Esso campaign, but it was Tony the Tiger for Frosties, They'rrrrrrrreeee Grrrrrrrrrrreat :D

Going back to the serious bit for a sec...sorry!......I see a few of you had colour coded roll over hoops after you got the car. Assume this was painting the plastic ones which come with the car?

1 hour ago, JohnSyn said:

Going back to the serious bit for a sec...sorry!......I see a few of you had colour coded roll over hoops after you got the car. Assume this was painting the plastic ones which come with the car?

Yes that's correct, although I had both the front and rear facings done on mine, as well as the central connecting piece.

Porsche only paint the rear facings for some reason, although some people seem to prefer that option, which is fair enough!

11 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Yes that's correct, although I had both the front and rear facings done on mine, as well as the central connecting piece.

Porsche only paint the rear facings for some reason, although some people seem to prefer that option, which is fair enough!

Thanks for this. Yes, if its a factory job its just the hoops themselves. I've seen the centre bit covered in carbon fibre ( wrapped) but not in the same colour as the car.

How do they prepare the plastic before painting? IIRC the factory finish is slightly textured and your finish looks super smooth. Do they have to sand down the surface first or is the finish not quite as smooth as it looks in the pictures?

12 minutes ago, topradio said:

How do they prepare the plastic before painting? IIRC the factory finish is slightly textured and your finish looks super smooth. Do they have to sand down the surface first or is the finish not quite as smooth as it looks in the pictures?

The factory finish on mine is high gloss, just like the paintwork on the rest of the car.

2 hours ago, topradio said:

Is it. I can't check mine at the moment but I didn't think it was smooth. I get the car back on Wednesday so I will have a look then.

Just checked my factory finish, hoops paint is smooth gloss, matching the bodywork. The hoop part non painted facing into the cabin is smooth black plastic.

2 hours ago, topradio said:

The hoops are smooth gloss matching the bodywork finish!

Full set of Zunsport grills and sports chassis, that's springs, shocks and anti roll bars ,(thanks to revolution who did the work). It now not only looks better,20mm lower but handles like it should have in the first place.

19 minutes ago, mneil said:

Full set of Zunsport grills and sports chassis, that's springs, shocks and anti roll bars ,(thanks to revolution who did the work). It now not only looks better,20mm lower but handles like it should have in the first place.

The Spyder is on the sports chassis and is 20mm lower. Great handling but the rubbing strip under the front spoiler takes a bit of a beating! Great driving experience though! 

Archived