Panamera wheels on a 986?

Jason986S

Anybody one here had any experience of fitting Panamera wheels on a 986. I know the size/fitment of the design I'm looking at will physically work. But I'm more concerned if it will work cosmetically and look decent. 

Wheel specs:

front 18x8J ET59 part number 970.362.136.01

rear 18x9J ET53 part number 970.362.138.01 

I would run them with 235/40 fronts and 265/35 18" tyres, and probably spacers all round.

Here is an example from Google:

80-20150630_193927_1_89d5a71129494377a82

Your thoughts and opinions?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Araf said:

I think they look good. Similar to the split rim Sport Designs, without the corrosion problems. :)

I think spaced out with decent tyres, they could look quite O.Z or Team-Dynamic's style. 

Are they a strong enough look to justify ditching my 9/10j turbo twist set up, which is a classic wheel design.

28 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

I think spaced out with decent tyres, they could look quite O.Z or Team-Dynamic's style. 

Are you looking for the 'ram-raided-Halfords' look? :huh: 

36 minutes ago, boxtaboy said:

They look just ok to me. I probably wouldn't do it because I don't like spacers in general (unnecessary added unsprung weight). 

I already run spacers (9mm/20mm) so I have already jumped that hurdle. 

17 minutes ago, Araf said:

Are you looking for the 'ram-raided-Halfords' look? :huh: 

Not quite. I just have a bug for aftermarket styling where I just can't leave things be. This was a quick idea that could give an aftermarket ish look, but using OEM quality BBS parts. I was offered a set for £350 last week too, so good my mind ticking.

@cj225 you may be right. They are quite plain. Maybe painted gloss black on my black car, with even a diamond cut/silver little lip they might look a bit fancier.

Inspiration:

IMG_4059_zpscc0lfeuf.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

17 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

I was offered a set for £350 last week too, so good my mind ticking.

Too much.  A set went for £100 about a month ago on ebay.  Others seem to sit between £2-300.  As you say, very cheap for BBS quality. :) 

9 hours ago, Araf said:

Too much.  A set went for £100 about a month ago on ebay.  Others seem to sit between £2-300.  As you say, very cheap for BBS quality. :) 

Ah really. The cheapest set I've seen on eBay was £400 in mint condition, so I didn't think £350 was bad. I did offer £250 funnily enough but they weren't keen all. 

I think I'll hang fire for now.

2 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

Ah really. The cheapest set I've seen on eBay was £400 in mint condition, so I didn't think £350 was bad. I did offer £250 funnily enough but they weren't keen all. 

I think I'll hang fire for now.

You're probably looking at the same set I am. The seller is pretty steady on their pricing.

Just now, That986 said:

That's the ones.

It's odd that they won't come down on price. They've been re-listed 3 or 4 times now for £400 and not sold. It's probably more likely to sell to a non Panamera owner without the balloon tyres for a few quid less. 

6 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

It's odd that they won't come down on price. They've been re-listed 3 or 4 times now for £400 and not sold. It's probably more likely to sell to a non Panamera owner without the balloon tyres for a few quid less. 

I actually said that, keep the tyres, didn't have any of it.

23 hours ago, That986 said:

I actually said that, keep the tyres, didn't have any of it.

As did I with a £200-£250 cash offer dependant on viewing/condition. Some people are strange. But obviously rose tinted by the extortionate other listings on Ebay. 

2 hours ago, Jason986S said:

As did I with a £200-£250 cash offer dependant on viewing/condition. Some people are strange. But obviously rose tinted by the extortionate other listings on Ebay. 

For sure.

I can't understand people who want fortunes for wheels with tyres that are on the limits as well. A bargain set of wheels isn't such a bargain when you have to spend out on tyres for them.

Archived