Panamera wheels on a 986?

Jason986S

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jimk04 said:

Don't think those at 100 went...kicked myself for not bidding.

Really like these wheels but the shape of the front wheels spokes bothers me a bit. rears look much better 

There was a set in Bromley that I was watching, just before I bought my current 18s. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Southy said:

I like the look of those 

They fit a lot better as well being 8s & 9s rather than the 8s & 10s of the twists. I do have 15 & 20mm spacers in though to get it to sit how i wanted but they do clear the struts a lot more. Also with the rears being an inch thinner the 265 tyre sits a hell of a lot better on there.

And i'm a sucker for a nice 5 spoke wheel.

All I know is they are 996 Carrera JWL Y128 wheels. Heavily Staggered and more dishy than an a fairy liquid advert! 

Oh, and the grip they offer on rubber of that width is sublime!

2 hours ago, Loz987 said:

All I know is they are 996 Carrera JWL Y128 wheels.

The JWL just means that the manufacturer has self-certified them for use in Japan.  If it also has a VIA mark too then it means the Japanese authorities have tested them for compliance with the standard.

2 hours ago, Loz987 said:

All I know is they are 996 Carrera JWL Y128 wheels. Heavily Staggered and more dishy than an a fairy liquid advert! 

Oh, and the grip they offer on rubber of that width is sublime!

they look amazing , nice to see some dish on the Box !

having come from the JDM scene ( sold my supra to buy a boxster ) its nice to see that the 986 can rock some dish and look good.

1 hour ago, Jackal81 said:

they look amazing , nice to see some dish on the Box !

having come from the JDM scene ( sold my supra to buy a boxster ) its nice to see that the 986 can rock some dish and look good.

I used to run these on my JDM integra

Dragd20wheels.jpg

1 hour ago, Jason986S said:

I used to run these on my JDM integra

Dragd20wheels.jpg

they are very nice mate , got to love the dish ! :)

wonder what they would look like on a 986 ! , suprised i havent seen more Japanese styled Boxsters while i have been trawling the web - esp since the japanese do love their Porsche's and also the whole RWB scene, have seen some caymans and a couple of Boxsters on Volks (TE37's) and they looked awsome , havent seen any pics of boxsters on SSR Professors but i imagine they would look good.

38 minutes ago, Jackal81 said:

they are very nice mate , got to love the dish ! :)

wonder what they would look like on a 986 ! , suprised i havent seen more Japanese styled Boxsters while i have been trawling the web - esp since the japanese do love their Porsche's and also the whole RWB scene, have seen some caymans and a couple of Boxsters on Volks (TE37's) and they looked awsome , havent seen any pics of boxsters on SSR Professors but i imagine they would look good.

TE37's were my dream wheels for the Integra but never found any in the right spec at the right time. There is a set in Porsche fitment for £2,400 on eBay right now!

25 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

a what?

RWB

JDM

SSR's?

god you know how to make a 40'odd year old feel old!

It all makes perfect sense to me. But then I'm a "youth" apparently....

RWB : Rauh Welt Built (Japanese Porsche tuner)

JDM : Japansse Domestic Market

SSR : Super Star Racing (wheel manufacturer)

Archived