Wind deflector?

big mike

24 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

So, they wrecked a £500 hood to nick wind deflectors worth £20 down the pub...stupid tw*nts ?

Yeah well, those rollbar mesh inserts cost $130 US a piece, and the center plexiglass deflector is $300, so they make a good buck selling them on fleabay. :(  Owner did get to upgrade to a glass window roof, but heck of a way to do it. I take mine out during the winter months so there's less chance for theft at least half the year. 

• 4 months later...

Hi...

I have a boxster 987, and I have bought the centre perpex and the mesh inserts of eBay and the seller had specified on the listing that they were off a 987, but when I tried to fit them they don't look like they are the right ones and it seems like they don't fit properly. 

Can anyone please tell me if the ones for the 986 are different from the ones for the 987?

Also, I bought the fitting kit for it from the Porsche main dealer as I found out that they are cheaper than on eBay... but I'm now struggling to fit it... does anyone know how to fit them or knows where I can find this info?

Many thanks to everyone in advance! 

The 987 Perspex is slightly larger than the 986 ( I have a 987 storage bag for mine) while the roll bars are more visually more pointed than round at the top.

Where are you located, I'm sure a local 986 member could pop over and confirm for you ?

5 hours ago, Andre23 said:

Hi...

I have a boxster 987, and I have bought the centre perpex and the mesh inserts of eBay and the seller had specified on the listing that they were off a 987, but when I tried to fit them they don't look like they are the right ones and it seems like they don't fit properly. 

Can anyone please tell me if the ones for the 986 are different from the ones for the 987?

Also, I bought the fitting kit for it from the Porsche main dealer as I found out that they are cheaper than on eBay... but I'm now struggling to fit it... does anyone know how to fit them or knows where I can find this info?

If they don't fit yours I'm interested in the mesh bud

6 hours ago, Andre23 said:

Hi...

986 kit

00004480078%20porsche%20boxster%20wind%2

987 Kit

s-l500.jpg

18 hours ago, Patt said:

The 987 Perspex is slightly larger than the 986 ( I have a 987 storage bag for mine) while the roll bars are more visually more pointed than round at the top.

Where are you located, I'm sure a local 986 member could pop over and confirm for you ?

I'm in Southampton-UK... yes please, if someone would like to pop over that'll be fantastic!

Either someone with a 986 or with a 987,  as long as they have these fitted,  so we can compare them.

Anyone willing to do this for me?

@Southy gave a good picture comparison between the 986 and 987 windscreen sets above. The 987 plexiglass screen doesn't have a middle cutout at the top like the 986 one does. Also, the mesh screens of the 987 are more squared than curved. You should be able to tell which ones you have just by looking at the pics. 

27 minutes ago, boxtaboy said:

@Southy gave a good picture comparison between the 986 and 987 windscreen sets above. The 987 plexiglass screen doesn't have a middle cutout at the top like the 986 one does. Also, the mesh screens of the 987 are more squared than curved. You should be able to tell which ones you have just by looking at the pics. 

My screen looks right but I'm not too sure about the mesh screen... I'll compare the pics with mine later on today after work.

Thanks 

On 15/12/2016 at 7:22 AM, Loz987 said:

He he he ?

@Loz987 you need to show him the error in his statement, btw each "he" should have two ees' , nothing to do with a vowel coming after a consonant, just basic spelling. I have a feeling I am going to regret that.

12 hours ago, Loz987 said:

hqdefault.jpg

possibly, Terry....possibly...:ph34r:

I'm scared already. I should be up for the 7th BTW. Going home this weekend so should be free next (weekend)

On 15/12/2016 at 11:22 PM, boxtaboy said:

All you have to do is put a few pieces of felt tape (the soft side of velcro) on the underside of the wind deflectors and then re-insert. The rattle will be gone for good.

Are we talking about tape under the fly catchers or Perspex? It's rather hard to diagnose where it's coming from when driving and I don't seem to hear it when I've got a passenger.

29 minutes ago, MakeTeaNotWar said:

Are we talking about tape under the fly catchers or Perspex? It's rather hard to diagnose where it's coming from when driving and I don't seem to hear it when I've got a passenger.

Remove one item at a time until the rattle stops. You'll then have diagnosed which part is rattling. The tape can go under any of all of the honeycomb fly catcher and perspex buffer.

2 hours ago, MakeTeaNotWar said:

Put it under the Perspex in the center section (all you will need is a small 2 inch strip), and that'll do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all good interesting thread.

I have replaced the win deflector fixings and  when removing the the roll bar padded linings the little black lug has broke on a few of the threaded screw, I hack checked the PET pages but don't see replacements listed, any ideas?

IMG_1110.JPG

Archived