Wind deflector?

big mike

If you're quite tall, you'll get a chilly bonce regardless of what options you ticked, should the roof be down in the winter :lol:

But yes, on the 2.5 they were part of the Lux pack I believed, but also available as a standalone option for the wind deflector and honeycomb roll hoop grilles

I have them, but I think the center plexiglass piece helps stop the wind more so than the mesh inserts. The one thing the mesh does well, however, is to deemphasize the look of the roll bars, as it makes it look less obvious that the roll hoops are there. 

They also seem to rattle/make an annoying noise with roof up I have noticed.

i have a choice of daft looking bobble hats to maximise roof down in winter action, I look like a muppet but no feks are given!

1 hour ago, Jamieh909 said:

They also seem to rattle/make an annoying noise with roof up I have noticed.

All you have to do is put a few pieces of felt tape (the soft side of velcro) on the underside of the wind deflectors and then re-insert. The rattle will be gone for good.

16 minutes ago, boxtaboy said:

All you have to do is put a few pieces of felt tape (the soft side of velcro) on the underside of the wind deflectors and then re-insert. The rattle will be gone for good.

That worked for me. Drove me mad for the first few miles I drove when i picked the car up. It was the first thing I fixed and has not come back since...

8 hours ago, boxtaboy said:

Haven't driven it much yet but will keep this in mind, 

cheers

9 hours ago, boxtaboy said:

Thanks, I will be doing that today

Anytime guys. In particular, I just cut one small strip in half (length wise), so that the felt tape doesn't overrun the edges of the windstop, and stuck it right under the center point of the windstop. After reinserting the windstop, it was enough to stop the rattles for good. If you still have rattles, you can put a few more strips along the bottom (left or right around the center), and I'm sure it'll work. Cheers. 

Good idea to zip tie them to prevent them from falling out if you put the seat back too far back, but not so much to prevent theft. People cut them out easily. This happened in broad daylight when a Boxster owner here parked at a mall. Had to get a new top obviously too...

D3B847B3-6D26-44DA-A846-DB8E036E0DF5_zps

I bought my centre perspex one off eBay as my car had the fasteners fitted ready for one but it was missing.

Makes a big difference.

Then the previous owner found it and sent it to me - so I have a spare !! If you want it pop me a PM, but you'll need to get some of the fasteners for it

4 hours ago, boxtaboy said:

Good idea to zip tie them to prevent them from falling out if you put the seat back too far back, but not so much to prevent theft. People cut them out easily. This happened in broad daylight when a Boxster owner here parked at a mall. Had to get a new top obviously too...

...and we worry about a carpark ding or two! 

6 hours ago, boxtaboy said:

b*st*rds!

Archived