Climarepair Replacement Climate Switches

rowbos

The car I just bought a few weeks back had the climarepair stickers on. The guy who sold it to me (a friend of mine) told me during the negotiation the same company was selling replacement switches, so I asked him to order a set for me to close the deal. He received them already but I really didn't had time to go pick it up. I might this evening.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I took the chance and installed the replacement buttons from climarepair.com 

My car previously had the stickers on (from same vendor) and I was looking for something with a better finish. Like others, I was a bit concerned about the quality and finish when I first took them off the suede bag, but I must say once installed in the car the looks is just perfect!

I can only recommend this.

Cheers, 

Tim

IMG_0418.jpg

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 6:51 PM, The Caped Crusader said:

Is it my imagination or are the lines on the switch on the right a bit wonky?

I kind if through the same thing 

Having now received my switches I can confirm that in my opinion they are in no way worth the money.

The lines are indeed wonky, and the whole overall quality is very poor.

Whilst they may look better fitted to the car, they are no better than the original switches that I painted up myself

When I contacted them before and asked for my order to be cancelled they advised me that the problem was down to a few pre production items that had been shipped to the UK by mistake. Suddenly my order moved to shipped status and no further responses were forthcoming.

The ones I have received look no better than the supposed pre production ones.

Just now, Cubebike1 said:

Having now received my switches I can confirm that in my opinion they are in no way worth the money.

The lines are indeed wonky, and the whole overall quality is very poor.

Whilst they may look better fitted to the car, they are no better than the original switches that I painted up myself

When I contacted them before and asked for my order to be cancelled they advised me that the problem was down to a few pre production items that had been shipped to the UK by mistake. Suddenly my order moved to shipped status and no further responses were forthcoming.

The ones I have received look no better than the supposed pre production ones.

Bugger!

I managed to get mine cancelled, it took about 10 emails - but looks like the hassle was worth it.  Looks like I just need to paint mine then...

2 minutes ago, Cubebike1 said:

You had a lucky escape them, I am feeling very p*****d off at the moment, I don't mind paying for things but hate being taken for a ride 

Yes, I'm glad I saw the early warnings and managed to stop the delivery.  I don't blame you, same feeling here, they were expensive for what they are - even if they ended up being perfect buttons - but at the time I ordered I thought if I look at them in the car and they look good then its worth it to me.  I don't like feeling like I've been shafted.  Have you emailed them to question the quality?

21 minutes ago, The Caped Crusader said:

I would let them know that their buttons are currently being discussed on a Porsche forum and you await a positive response.  

Yep.  I suspect they may have seen the discussion on here or FB which is why they relented and refunded me before shipping - damage limitation?

2 hours ago, Cubebike1 said:

You had a lucky escape them, I am feeling very p*****d off at the moment, I don't mind paying for things but hate being taken for a ride 

As you bought them online, can you not just return them for a full refund (excluding return postage) under the Consumer Contract Regulations?

Applicable law here:

http://www.lawdonut.co.uk/business/marketing-and-selling/distance-and-online-selling/distance-selling

7 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

As you bought them online, can you not just return them for a full refund (excluding return postage) under the Consumer Contract Regulations?

Applicable law here:

http://www.lawdonut.co.uk/business/marketing-and-selling/distance-and-online-selling/distance-selling

The company is based outside of the UK... a quick search looks like they are based in Spain.  But charge in US dollars!

24 minutes ago, rowbos said:

The company is based outside of the UK... a quick search looks like they are based in Spain.  But charge in US dollars!

I imagine there should be a similar Spanish (or EU) law covering Internet selling.  Without the right to return unsatisfactory or "not as described" goods within a reasonable period of time, I can't imagine Spanish consumers buying anything online.

Alternative if @Cubebike1paid by credit card or PayPal,  there might be some recourse there?

13 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

I imagine there should be a similar Spanish (or EU) law covering Internet selling.  Without the right to return unsatisfactory or "not as described" goods within a reasonable period of time, I can't imagine Spanish consumers buying anything online.

Alternative if @Cubebike1paid by credit card or PayPal,  there might be some recourse there?

I would certainly give it a go - direct to Climarepair quoting the EU distance selling laws or via CC or Paypal.

Interesting enough Climarepair put a no returns policy on their website for these switches - stating they were trying to protect their product from unauthorised copies!  They fed this back to me as a reason for not refunding - I pointed out that I could not copy the switches as they had not been shipped to me at that point.

Its just irritating to feel like someone has taken you for a ride!

4 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I would certainly give it a go - direct to Climarepair quoting the EU distance selling laws or via CC or Paypal.

Interesting enough Climarepair put a no returns policy on their website for these switches - stating they were trying to protect their product from unauthorised copies!  They fed this back to me as a reason for not refunding - I pointed out that I could not copy the switches as they had not been shipped to me at that point.

Its just irritating to feel like someone has taken you for a ride!

Hmm, a "no returns" policy sounds like a breach of consumer rights and suggests they are a bit dodgy.  Could be a struggle getting them to issue a refund, so @Cubebike1 might check with the credit card company or PayPal in the first instance.

I have contacted them again and also advised that I will pass it on to my credit card company, but on the basis of what I have seen so far, and a previous issue we had a few years ago trying to get the credit card company to deal with a similar issue I am not holding out much hope of getting my money back, I just wouldn't like to see anyone else make the same mistake

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Guys maybe you were expecting an original replacement set, but as far as I know those does not exist!

I´ve been using mine for over a week now and I´m more than happy.

Cheers

Could you possibly take a few pictures and post please?

I wasn't expecting an original replacement set, but was expecting something that I felt was worth spending near enough £100 on, which I genuinely do not believe these are.

The seller has contacted me and stated that they are prepared to refund my money on return of the switches, so I have returned them. I await them refunding the money as stated, and will update on here when they do.

The ones I received looked the same as the ones shown on the Cayman site, and which those owners were unhappy about, the ones which I understood from the seller to be pre production ones which had been delivered by mistake

2 minutes ago, Cubebike1 said:

Good question as they advised me in the email correspondence, that they had personally checked the ones that were sent to me.

Sounds like a 1 man band to me

They do sound small...

I was hoping for something of half decent quality, looking at the images I have seen so far online my hand painted (Plasticote) option looks as good for now.

The other option is these guys... http://www.climaterepair.co.uk/ has anyone on the forum used them?

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that today the money was refunded to my account, though I am still out of pocket for the original and return postage.

As I said before I personally did not think that they were worth anything like the amount being charged for them, but they have refunded me the cost of the switches, so that's better than what I was expecting

Archived