Climarepair Replacement Climate Switches

rowbos

11 minutes ago, Cubebike1 said:

I can confirm that today the money was refunded to my account, though I am still out of pocket for the original and return postage.

As I said before I personally did not think that they were worth anything like the amount being charged for them, but they have refunded me the cost of the switches, so that's better than what I was expecting

Don't they have to refund postage as distance sellers though? :huh: 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Araf said:

Don't they have to refund postage as distance sellers though? :huh: 

The applicable law is the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2013), which came into force on 13th June 2014, replacing the former Distance Selling Regulations.  Concerning delivery charges on goods bought online, by telephone or from a catalogue:

The trader has to refund the basic delivery cost of getting the goods to you in the first place, so if you opted for enhanced service eg guaranteed next day, it only has to refund the basic cost.

You have to pay ths return delivery cost.  However, if the goods are faulty or not as described, then:

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.

Information from the "Which" website.

1 hour ago, Cubebike1 said:

To be honest I am happy to get the bulk of the money back, which was more than I expected at one point, and mark it down as a lesson learnt.

At least with UK sellers there is always the option to show up in person !!

Fair comment, I would feel the same.

Just touched up my existing switches with a black permanent marker - I had tried plasticote but didn't like the way it looked - they look ok now, bearable at least and better than the pictures I have see of the Climarepair switches so I will live with this for now - its just irritating as all the rest of the switchgear is immaculate!

4 minutes ago, The Caped Crusader said:

If only there was someone on here that was into plastics manufacturing who could properly reproduce the switches. I'm sure there'd be a good market for them. 

Yep, not sure of the numbers but every 2005/6 Box I have seen is losing the black on just those two a/c switches.

2 minutes ago, The Caped Crusader said:

I see there is a company called Climate Repair who say they strip and repaint the switches. I wonder how they mask the translucent lettering so that the backlighting still works. 

Yeah I have seen their website - I don't know anyone who has had it done or seen any close-ups... They are UK based I believe.

http://climaterepair.co.uk/index.php/climate-repair-uk-delivery/

They are charging roughly the same amount as the other guys - £86 - obviously the going rate for these two tiny switches :) 

I cant find any reviews and would feel slightly nervous sending off my switches...

2 hours ago, rowbos said:

Yeah I have seen their website - I don't know anyone who has had it done or seen any close-ups... They are UK based I believe.

http://climaterepair.co.uk/index.php/climate-repair-uk-delivery/

They are charging roughly the same amount as the other guys - £86 - obviously the going rate for these two tiny switches :) 

I cant find any reviews and would feel slightly nervous sending off my switches...

Not what they cost to produce but you sell at the market rate to maximise your profit. ;) 

On 26/2/2017 at 7:43 PM, Rogers said:

On 26/2/2017 at 7:43 PM, Rogers said:

So I took the chance and installed the replacement buttons from climarepair.com 

My car previously had the stickers on (from same vendor) and I was looking for something with a better finish. Like others, I was a bit concerned about the quality and finish when I first took them off the suede bag, but I must say once installed in the car the looks is just perfect!

I can only recommend this.

Cheers, 

Tim

IMG_0418.jpg

On 15/3/2017 at 11:24 AM, rowbos said:

Could you possibly take a few pictures and post please?

Is the pic showing?

Thanks for the pictures @Rogers

They don't look too bad, are you happy enough?  Do they feel solid?  How straightforward to fit?

I think I might just stick with my blacked in buttons for now.

Interesting to see how these new buttons last over time...

I started a case with paypal - without mailing them - just thought id go direct

Anyways I got a bunch of emails from them eventually saying that they had people fit and then describe it wasnt so bad,

And sent these facebook pictures on as example.

I decided to keep them and fit them anwyays.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a close look at mine. What an aweful state they are in :-( Before and after a black sharpie touch up.....

could really do with a nice cure to this.... :-)

A4BDF33B-412E-4906-A596-74EF444D538B_zps

66C3B12A-E29D-443F-9514-D9CAA4B8C39C_zps

That's a real pain, @craigo-craigy, particularly when the rest of the centre console looks like new and is very smart.

Any chance of finding an OEM unit from a low(er) mileage scrapper?  The switches on my 987 were in perfect condition after ten years,  albeit with just 40k miles.

13 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

That's a real pain, @craigo-craigy, particularly when the rest of the centre console looks like new and is very smart.

Any chance of finding an OEM unit from a low(er) mileage scrapper?  The switches on my 987 were in perfect condition after ten years,  albeit with just 40k miles.

I picked up the car recently. i ll sure be looking to sort this out !  Looking at that pic, my floor mats look filthy..... jees, hope I can clean these up :-)

My cars sits with 55K on it today !

dont fancy my chances of picking up a used unit, bet that ll cost £500 going on what prices I read on here for repairs.  :-(

6 minutes ago, craigo-craigy said:

I picked up the car recently. i ll sure be looking to sort this out !  Looking at that pic, my floor mats look filthy..... jees, hope I can clean these up :-)

As the climarepair (3D printer?)  items appear to be of varible / poor quality,  BoXa.net. needs a guinea pig to try out these guys instead:

http://climaterepair.co.uk

£86 looks expensive, but a secondhand panel from a scrapper will be at least, say £30, for worn items, so this might be worth a punt.

Wouldn't be happy sending the whole unit away, or the switches, or being a guinea pig !

im a long way away from Pembroke where they are based. Surely someone close to them " might check them out ".  :-)

47 minutes ago, craigo-craigy said:

Wouldn't be happy sending the whole unit away, or the switches, or being a guinea pig !

im a long way away from Pembroke where they are based. Surely someone close to them " might check them out ".  :-)

Interested in how this would turn out.   Equally not keen to be a guinea pig ?

Archived