Climarepair Replacement Climate Switches

rowbos

5 minutes ago, 89rallye said:

i was doing the refurb with the decals and had dipped one of my switches in thinners and got distracted by one of my neighbors ,(don't do that) anyway i ended up buying these switches and allow the finish is good they are very easliy marked and i bought mine about 3 months ago shipped from california

Maybe I should buy some gloves too ?! 😆

Thanks for the info on the switches.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 89rallye said:

i was doing the refurb with the decals and had dipped one of my switches in thinners and got distracted by one of my neighbors ,(don't do that) anyway i ended up buying these switches and allow the finish is good they are very easliy marked and i bought mine about 3 months ago shipped from california

I did something similar with one of mine while trying to clean them off with thinners, rubbed a bit too hard with a cloth and it disintegrated.  I guess between us we’ve still got a pair!   I ended up buying a new pair from Design 911.  All fitted now and look and feel great.

• 1 month later...

So many bad reviews on Climarepair that I gave it a swerve.  I’m sure the ones I bought were indirectly from them though so probably should have gone with those.  I’m impatient though and hated looking at the holes (it reminded me of my incompetence!) so decided on the faster delivery time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine refurbished using Keyrepair.co.uk AKA https://www.climaterepair.co.uk/. Really excellent job. Purchased through their eBay outlet. £86 including P&P. Exchanged a couple of e-mails with Gary before I sent the unit off. Excellent communication and he turned the unit round in 5 days. They do offer the option of you removing the switches yourself, but I opted to send the whole unit.

AC After (600x800).jpg

AC Before (600x800).jpg

11 hours ago, Floppy said:

Is it just me or does this price make anyone else angry? 🙄😂

It's completely ridiculous for a couple of bits of plastic; especially when you can buy decals from a forum member, a couple of cans of paint and refurb them yourself which is much more satisfying.

1 hour ago, red rocket said:

It's completely ridiculous for a couple of bits of plastic; especially when you can buy decals from a forum member, a couple of cans of paint and refurb them yourself which is much more satisfying.

Unless, of course, you manage to melt the original switches with cellulose thinners while trying to remove the paint.  I agree, a total rip off but left with no switches to refurb I had few options...

3 hours ago, Geoff Pearce said:

Unless, of course, you manage to melt the original switches with cellulose thinners while trying to remove the paint.  I agree, a total rip off but left with no switches to refurb I had few options...

Yep, understand; just a shame you get ripped off in the process.

All,

As my supplier is out of business (short term I hope), I’ve a small number of decals left that I’ve been holding on to for forum members (closed down the eBay sales etc).

i think I’ve still got 6 sets if anyone wants them.  £15 inc p&p to UK postcodes - full instructions sent by email.  PM me if interested.

Cheers, James 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:42 PM, Floppy said:

Is it just me or does this price make anyone else angry? 🙄😂

Absolutely....its plain greed and I utterly despise that.

I went with the stickers and did the repaint of the switches myself :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Although my temp and fan were not too bad and not faded they were very grubby and sticky along with the rest of the buttons. Tried a couple of things to clean them to no avail and then in these Covid times I thought I’d have a go with the alcohol based wipes I keep in the car. Amazing result and years of sticky mess off after a few minutes. All looks like new now.

Can’t guarantee that will work for everyone but thought I’d pass the tip on. I agree it is a real bummer if the temp and fan switches have faded and lost the white markings as crazily expensive to replace/renovate.

Michael

Hi All,

I’m still selling the spray masks and can offer forum members a discounted price of £13.60 for orders placed before 31st October.  Current eBay prices is £16.95 and forum price £16, so 15% off.

if interested, please PM me.

Cheers, James 

I've had my 987 for a year, and only just found out I've been operating the heater buttons all wrong.  Who else on here didn't know you're supposed to press the fan and heater buttons on the top and bottom faces, and not operate them by the tab that sticks out...?  Lucky for me, mine are in perfect condition, 'cos I think my sausage fingers would struggle to replace them after looking at the instructions... :lol:

Archived