Climarepair Replacement Climate Switches

rowbos

1 minute ago, Davey P said:

I've had my 987 for a year, and only just found out I've been operating the heater buttons all wrong.  Who else on here didn't know you're supposed to press the fan and heater buttons on the top and bottom faces, and not operate them by the tab that sticks out...?  Lucky for me, mine are in perfect condition, 'cos I think my sausage fingers would struggle to replace them after looking at the instructions... :lol:

To quote Steve Jobs "You're holding it wrong" 🙃

Thing is the natural touch point is where you're jabbing them.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I'm going to try and operate them correctly later.  I bet it's going to be really obvious, and I'll feel like a fool......... :lol:

Slippery slope it'll be official Porsche Gloves on the hands next to operate them 😃

Well, I've just got back home after a nice drive, and... sure enough, the heater buttons do operate by pressing them top and bottom, instead of lifting or pressing down the sticky-out tab thingy, which is what I was doing before - Who knew? (Er, probably everyone, except me... :lol:)

No Porsche branded gloves though, I will stick to my trusty old "Steptoe" finger-less ones when the temperature drops, thanks very much... :P

On 8/22/2019 at 9:17 PM, jnwright71 said:

All,

As my supplier is out of business (short term I hope), I’ve a small number of decals left that I’ve been holding on to for forum members (closed down the eBay sales etc).

i think I’ve still got 6 sets if anyone wants them.  £15 inc p&p to UK postcodes - full instructions sent by email.  PM me if interested.

Cheers, James 

Hi I would like to get a set of decals and instructions to fit. Recommended by R15. John Wilde. 

12 hours ago, John Wilde said:

Hi I would like to get a set of decals and instructions to fit. Recommended by R15. John Wilde. 

@jmwright71 Hi I would like to get a set of decals and instructions to fit. Recommended by R15. John Wilde. 

3 hours ago, John Wilde said:

@jmwright71 Hi I would like to get a set of decals and instructions to fit. Recommended by R15. John Wilde. 

Don't think he's on here that often these days but you could send him a pm. NB it's jnwright71. 

12 hours ago, John Wilde said:

If you won't hear from him then I have a set that i can sell to you.

Hi All,

I'm still around, just a bit busy at present.  I've now sold my Boxster, but will be back, this time in a 981, in a few years time.

If interested, PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP

Cheers, James

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Rogers said:

The sticker solution looks fantastic! But I checked on climarepair website just to see what they are offering nowadays and they dropped the price of their replacement switches down as hell!

£53 !!!!

https://climarepair.com/porsche-replacement-switches-for-climate-control-unit-hvac-climarepair-revolution/

Thanks for the tip, ordered with 20% discount £50 delivered. Result. Time effort and potential frustration with my skill level avoided!

Our offer of £50 delivered next day is still good for forum members

I couldnt get the Climarepair to anywhere near £53, not sure what I did wrong?

Also duty and Vat maybe added when they show at your door!

4 hours ago, T911UK said:

I've recently taken up T911UK's offer - for sure it's a good price but given what's going on in the world just now, if there's an opportunity to support a UK business I'll do just that.

5 hours ago, T911UK said:

I am told that the switches will come from Europe and therefore I am not expecting VAT or Duties to be added. We shall see. May be another of my poorly considered purchases, lets hope not.

Archived