EUR-GT Bodykit?

Jason986S

Curious if anyone has ever seen this kit before?

It's a custom full wide kit for the 986. Manufactured by Garage Eur in Japan, called the EUR-GT kit. It retails at £3,500 + shipping, so a mad amount of money.

But I think cosmetically it looks incredible and really pulls the Carrera GT styling onto a Boxster quite well. My only concerns would be how much the rear wide arches cover the intake and cooling side vents to hinder airflow? 

I would personally open the rear intake vents all the way down to bottom of the door. 

And I'd space out the fuel filler cap as it looks odd/dumb recessed. 

The big black (carbon) section of the rear bumper looks better on a black car (as per the example on their YouTube walk around video). Skip the lame introduction.

Heres a few pics I've downloaded to host:

43CD44B2-517E-4E9E-8A23-3BD6884B41D5.jpg

883C1B73-09BB-4605-8592-CCA1629F63BC.jpg

298192DF-E472-4B2A-8975-03C8E954821D.jpg

A2077801-5189-4D71-A34F-02CF255031F7.jpg

And in silver with a hard top:

89586425-971A-4526-88D7-3D6A4D5F27AB.jpg

Your thoughts?

In some parts it looks like it fits ok. But look at the wing by the A pillar with what looks like a rivet. The side part joins and then the area around the door handle looks cr*p making the door handle look awkward. 

Eye bleach needed.....

On JDM drift cars it works because of what they are, on a svelte european sports car if just doesn't work. The only things that get away with kits like that are the RWB cars and that's only because they ape the GT2 cars of old. 

But at the end of the day it's your car so if you like it go for it.

I'm not gonna do it. It would cost more than I paid for the car and half its value probably, so quite a stupid idea. I just quite like it as a design. But I have come from a history of modified JDM cars and the associated scene/styling tastes, so I guess that's why I appreciate it. 

Sorry to all purists who's eyes I may have offended (not sorry ?).

I read comments on the 986forum about it looking more like a mr2 roadster that a CGT ?. I can see it to be fair!

I didn't spot the rivet on the wing by the A-pillar (one random rivet is rubbish, a full rocket Bunnel rivet on style, or none). I also agree that the cut out for the door handle is awkward and probably unnecessary. Not that it would ever be seen?!

I do like the back end, it works really well. Just the front and the lead up to the back doesn't quite hit the mark, i think it's the bumper and that A-pillar cut out that does it.

And btw, NSX Rocket bunny is eye candy for me so i know where you're coming from.

+1 to the "not on a svelte roadster". All I see is more weight to lug around on a car already famous for being a bit underpowered.  

We had fun with the MR2 references at launch of the 981 :)

I personally think the front bumper is the only decent looking part of the kit. If it was sold in isolation and possibly slightly more subtle to match the otherwise untouched boxster, think it could work.

On 30/01/2017 at 8:51 AM, Menoporsche said:

+1 to the "not on a svelte roadster". All I see is more weight to lug around on a car already famous for being a bit underpowered.  

We had fun with the MR2 references at launch of the 981 :)

had a few occasions I came close to flashing or waving to, what I thought were, fellow 981's and they turned out to be MR2's :)

3 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

had a few occasions I came close to flashing or waving to, what I thought were, fellow 981's and they turned out to be MR2's :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Archived