Stay logged into the forum

Ginster

I don't get logged out every half an hour or when I swap between devices. Just sat here with my iPhone, laptop and tablet all logged in with no problems.  

But I do have to log in (with cached credentials so it's no hardship) for no apparent reason sometimes.  No idea what triggers that. Probably not happened to me for a week though. 

So we have three different scenarios triggering a login request so far... No consistency!

6 minutes ago, Ginster said:

Anyone know if there's a way to prevent being logged out of the forum every half hour? 

Cheers

That's odd.  Like @rowbos, I'm logged in on two devices (tablet and laptop) and only rarely get logged out on the laptop (lack of use?) and never on the tablet.

If I try to access  tomorrow at work from a different IP address I will probably have to log-in again. It doesn't always happen though and sometimes I can go for days swapping over access points / devices without being logged out.

Logging in on second device does log me out on the other. Thought that was normal until I read this thread. Wonder why it does that? Fortunately don't have the irritation of auto log out every 30mins!

I stay logged in if I use either Safari on iPhone/iPad, Windows 10 Chrome on laptop or Chrome on Win 7 PC...

If I switch from one device to another I have to log in, then find I am logged out of the previous device if I return....must be IP addresses or something?

On 20/02/2017 at 10:26 PM, topradio said:

If I try to access  tomorrow at work from a different IP address I will probably have to log-in again. It doesn't always happen though and sometimes I can go for days swapping over access points / devices without being logged out.

+1

On 20/02/2017 at 10:37 PM, Ginster said:

Thanks for comments guys......I'm using safari on iPad.  I've looked at security settings and can't see anything obvious that I need to change....

Mine only logs me out if I clear the History! 

Archived