New Cayman 718 S PDK

JustCruzin

13 hours ago, Stark said:

JC post your little slip road incident from a few weeks ago...... :)

Now that was scary. The most terrifying fishtailing event :blink:...... if anyone here really wants to view this I will post the link :)

Small update. Apparently the dipped beam bulb is a D8S not a DLS as I specified earlier. It is a 25 watt bi-xenon and there does appear to be 5000-6000k options so all is not lost I hope. I am worried though if the PIWIS will need reprogramming.....

Another issue I have also had is that the DAB radio reception was good when I first got the car but now some stations keep dropping or have no reception now. Wife's Qashqai has no DAB reception issues on the same stations. Anyone else encounter this?

Cheers JC :D

3 hours ago, topradio said:

JC, do you have a usb charger/ or adaptor plugged into the cigarette or accessory socket? 

yeah I had this issue with a cheap ciggie charger...reception ok when its good but disappears when not so good due to the interference of the charger

Crazy three options for the headlights on a Boxster. But at the prices 911 used to be, I guess we should expect the upsell approach. I never understood why a safety item would be anything but the best they can provide.

Don't think that was me, I'm way down in Kent :D

Update: Unplugging the USB charger didn't make any difference but thanks for the tip. Will se how this goes and perhaps contact Porsche if the problem continues.

Still in a dilemma about the lights. All to do with a twisted sense of vanity! Wish I had gone for PDLS...... is it possible to upgrade to this? It would mean putting in headlamp washers. Sounds like ££££££+++

39 minutes ago, JustCruzin said:

Don't think that was me, I'm way down in Kent :D

Update: Unplugging the USB charger didn't make any difference but thanks for the tip. Will se how this goes and perhaps contact Porsche if the problem continues.

Still in a dilemma about the lights. All to do with a twisted sense of vanity! Wish I had gone for PDLS...... is it possible to upgrade to this? It would mean putting in headlamp washers. Sounds like ££££££+++

I think I would just get over it :D

As I said new ones look nice, but I didnt think they were amazingly bright (just whiter). If they hadnt had the high beam assist I honestly would have thought they were slightly worse than my Xenons..

Get the Techart side grilles instead they would look cool on your car in orange and black :)

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

I think I would just get over it :D

Hey, you're right. It's just a bulb I know and I really need to get over it. Thanks for speaking some sense!

Any tips on a 'run in' period on these cars?I've done only a very conservatively driven 1500 miles so far along with a near miss accident that could have been far worse.

Cheers JC :D

1 hour ago, JustCruzin said:

Hey, you're right. It's just a bulb I know and I really need to get over it. Thanks for speaking some sense!

Any tips on a 'run in' period on these cars?I've done only a very conservatively driven 1500 miles so far along with a near miss accident that could have been far worse.

:lol: I think 1500 miles is more than enough run in time. Id just enjoy it now B)

1 hour ago, JustCruzin said:

There's lots of opinions on run in on the planet9 forum,  2000 seems to be the point that everyone agrees they are run in ( with some saying sooner) It you intend keeping a long time though it's still a good idea to get the oil temp out of cold (70C +) before you venture over 4000k revs (not that the 718 needs revving out over 4K to get a move on;))

Also keep an eye on oil usage for the first few thousand miles after run in, they can use a bit of oil especially in their early life.(actually this is 981 not sure if it applies to 718 in the same way)

7 minutes ago, Greenman said:

Also keep an eye on oil usage for the first few thousand miles after run in, they can use a bit of oil especially in their early life.(actually this is 981 not sure if it applies to 718 in the same way)

No its a good point. All turbo cars I have had like a drink of oil when new :)

That's a p*sser :( Did u get wheel and tyre insurance? 

I don't normally go for third party insurance options but with 20 inch polished wheels thought I would this time!

Got a puncture yesterday so almost paying for itself....

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:00 PM, JustCruzin said:

LOL :D

No I wish. It is a large 'barn' where my detailer stores cars for various folk much wealthier than me. Some lovely classics there.

Specs wise I went for sports chrono, PASM, PSE, Porsche Connect with nav (wish I had gone for connect plus though), Bose system. Must admit I'm a little sad if I cannot upgrade the bulbs but hey ho, didn't by a Cayman for the headlamps.

Cheers JC:D

'My Detailer'  now being spoken of like 'My Therapist'!

3 hours ago, Leonard said:

That's a p*sser :( Did u get wheel and tyre insurance? 

I don't normally go for third party insurance options but with 20 inch polished wheels thought I would this time!

Got a puncture yesterday so almost paying for itself....

No sadly I didn't. The real pain is that only 6 weeks ago I had an accident on an icy road and damaged 2 alloys and took out 2 tyres...... £700 total cost!

Single wheel refurb will cost me about £80 but it's all the hassle that goes with it!

2 hours ago, richardy said:

'My Detailer'  now being spoken of like 'My Therapist'!

LOL- that cheers me up :D. Hope it didn't sound too pretentious! 

Cheers JC :)

17 hours ago, JustCruzin said:

No sadly I didn't. The real pain is that only 6 weeks ago I had an accident on an icy road and damaged 2 alloys and took out 2 tyres...... £700 total cost!

Single wheel refurb will cost me about £80 but it's all the hassle that goes with it!

LOL- that cheers me up :D. Hope it didn't sound too pretentious! 

Cheers JC :)

Pretentious? vous JC?  Not at all! Lovely car, enjoy it.

Archived