My new 718 collection

MIkeyv60

54 minutes ago, Greenman said:

This does seem a bit strange, you wouldn't have thought a silver belt would be any different to any other wear wise. Maybe it's your fancy houte couture jackets with shoulder buckles and studs:o

...or when I go out with just my boxers (in my Boxster) and it rubs on my hairy chest....strangely this time they didnt say 'they all do that sir...' instead they said 'oh that doesn't happen on any others' but we still wont cover it under warranty! I suggested as a premium car manufacturer the main safety device failing, would be of interest to other prospective buyers on car forums etc and Porsche GB covered it...bit ridiculous mind

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice - health to enjoy. I have had mine since November and it gets better and better. First real roofless weekend over the past few days. Heated wheel and seats are a real bonus this time of year.

• 6 months later...

Quick question for you @MIkeyv60

You said some positive tabouthings  adaptive cruise control.  I'm a fan of regular cruise control especially to keep a lid on my speed in certain situations.  However I have never tried the adaptive version.  Now that you're a good few months in, what is your view on the adaptive version -- still positive, any drawbacks ?

I have adaptive CC on my car, I would describe it as ‘odd’ :) 

Its weird at first but you get used to it. The settings allow for 3 different distances to the vehicle in front albeit I find the shortest distance still quite far! 

I would personally say it’s good if you don’t mind an intrusive system as it feels very mechanical in its application of distance keeping. However on an empty motorway it’s just as good as any other CC.

In contraflows it may be better as people watch their speed more often but on motorways people break and their speeds vary considerably so the system will become annoying.

22 hours ago, guest1 said:

Quick question for you @MIkeyv60

You said some positive tabouthings  adaptive cruise control.  I'm a fan of regular cruise control especially to keep a lid on my speed in certain situations.  However I have never tried the adaptive version.  Now that you're a good few months in, what is your view on the adaptive version -- still positive, any drawbacks ?

Already said is is a bit odd and can get some getting use to.  Seems strange when is brakes for you as it tends to slow you down more earlier than you would normally so maybe you would get a bit closer on normal cruise, normal cruise can be a bit frightening as you could approach a car extremely quickly and it seems out of your control, a bit like being a passenger. AAC brakes for you so  it makes than decision earlier which can make the difference of you hitting the vehicle in front or not. It also stops you when you go to pull out and the car in front hasnt gone or is hesitant, sounds like im impatient but we have all done it? One thing which is odd and you have to be aware of it if say set at 70 and you come up behind a slow vehicle and cant pull out so speed drops when you indicate to pull out the car then starts to maintain its set speed so can accelerate quick hard.

It an excellent safety device would recommend :)

Archived