My new 718 collection

MIkeyv60

13 hours ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Of course, you still have to unclip the safety catch on the frunk lid (and lift both lids manually).

Manually? :o

I am cancelling my order........:lol:

Beautiful looking car......great spec also.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Manually? :o

I am cancelling my order........:lol:

LOL! ? I'm not (quite) as lazy as that makes me sound!  

I understand the need for the safety catch on the frunk, but was just wondering why they don't fit stronger struts to the rear boot lid, so that it lifts smoothly to the fully open position by itself after "popping" it.  Might be handy if you've got your hands full, especially now with the keyless option.  Perhaps there's also a safety reason I don't get?

BTW, @MIkeyv60, I see what you mean about the PDK selector lever: it looks like a lovely piece of engineering.  I don't quite get the obsession with soft touch slush moulded plastics on dashboards however: how often do you ever touch the dashboard, other than to clean it?  The controls, however are a different matter.  They should all feel smooth and "heavy" in operation.   That's where Porsche normally excels.  In contrast, my F-Type had a nasty, flimsy and "clicky" indicator stalk that fell like it came off a Metro and the electric windows switches looked and felt poundshop cheap.

1 hour ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Forgot to add the filler cap, its the little touches :D

<snip>

When I saw that on the options list I thought 'How pointless, you can't normally see it!'.

However, now I see that I think you're absolutely correct. Nice touch. Oh, and a lovely car in general. Enjoy!

Quote:- "So its driven outside for us with the top down, the dog is the first one in the car. The salesman said that's a first :D. So off we set a lovely top down drive to Chichester for lunch and a dog walk. A great afternoon the car is plenty loud enough for me but wow the engine is instant!!! Trying so hard to keep around 4k revs but it just wants to go".

So the 718 has a hatchback in the back for the dog to go in now does it, didn't see that one on the Porsche options list!!!

Lovely colour scheme by the way, welcome to another member of the red roof brigade!

23 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Quote:- "So its driven outside for us with the top down, the dog is the first one in the car. The salesman said that's a first :D. So off we set a lovely top down drive to Chichester for lunch and a dog walk. A great afternoon the car is plenty loud enough for me but wow the engine is instant!!! Trying so hard to keep around 4k revs but it just wants to go".

So the 718 has a hatchback in the back for the dog to go in now does it, didn't see that one on the Porsche options list!!!

Lovely colour scheme by the way, welcome to another member of the red roof brigade!

She quite happily sits in the passenger foot well which is surprisingly roomy , she didnt like the Z4 but seemed happy in this?

As much as im undecided on the 718,it sooooo looks gorgeous!

28 minutes ago, Gee-money said:

Can I ask where you got the paint protection film from?  Looks good! 

I bought them from Ebay .He is not listing any at the moment but this is seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Boxster-Cayman-981-C-Side-skirts-stone-Chip-Paint-Protection-film-foil-/132097973154?hash=item1ec1a71ba2:g:R~EAAOSwx6pYpVk3

just ask for the  Porsche Boxster/Cayman 981 CLEAR Stone chip guard Protection Foils decals

they cost £25, for  L & R pre-cut ones, i purchased a proper spreader for £3 .Easy to apply using clay bar  fluid and the spreader did the job

On 3/11/2017 at 11:38 AM, MIkeyv60 said:

A few more photos:

Pleased we went for the grey seatbelts and the embossed headrests

2017-03-11%2011.02.48.jpg

not wishing to p*ss on your chips but keep an eye on the seat belts, my silver ones were replaced at around 26000 miles due to fraying and now 4000 miles later they are starting (very early signs) to bobble again...

7 hours ago, boxsternoob56 said:

not wishing to p*ss on your chips but keep an eye on the seat belts, my silver ones were replaced at around 26000 miles due to fraying and now 4000 miles later they are starting (very early signs) to bobble again...

No that's fine more than welcome for advice of what to look out for. Hence why i wanted a car with a warranty :rolleyes:

I think the VW Beetle design is better, with flower vase in the middle of the dash. Putting it in the passenger footwell seems a mistake?

Lovely car with the red roof and painted intakes, sounds like the collection process makes a real occasion of it and glad to see they allow the dog in. I wouldn't take mine in,as it would just p*ss on all the car wheels in the showroom and then drag it's ar*e across the first bit of carpet it saw?

Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun with it?

2 hours ago, Nobbie said:

I think the VW Beetle design is better, with flower vase in the middle of the dash. Putting it in the passenger footwell seems a mistake?

:lol: 

On 3/10/2017 at 9:51 PM, Daniel Joseph said:

Too clever for me. ?

Seriously, I guess the key has to be pretty close to the sensor for it to activate.  You wouldn't want to be sitting in the car with the key and somebody who knows how comes along and pops open your boot lid. 

Of course, you still have to unclip the safety catch on the frunk lid (and lift both lids manually).

we can test it at a meet :)

3 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

No that's fine more than welcome for advice of what to look out for. Hence why i wanted a car with a warranty :rolleyes:

hopefully Porsche Warranty will be more accommodating as it was the OPC/Porsche GB that covered the replacement...it was refused under warranty as quote 'it had been rubbing on something' ?!

57 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

hopefully Porsche Warranty will be more accommodating as it was the OPC/Porsche GB that covered the replacement...it was refused under warranty as quote 'it had been rubbing on something' ?!

This does seem a bit strange, you wouldn't have thought a silver belt would be any different to any other wear wise. Maybe it's your fancy houte couture jackets with shoulder buckles and studs:o

1 hour ago, boxsternoob56 said:

I presume when you said is it covered under warranty they said "frayed" not!!:D

Archived