My new 718 collection

MIkeyv60

Appointment was 12 o'clock for collection and as it was a nice day the missus cancelled her afternoon so we could make a day of it.

Off we set with dog as well. Arrived 15 mins early so took the dog for a quick walk, put her back in the GLE and off we walk into the dealership.

We are greeted and told we could bring the dog in if we wanted too? Ok so we did did, we met the sales guy and were treated to coffee, toasted tea cakes and the dog got a bowl of water and a doggy biscuit.

A bit of a chat then off to the unveiling:)

2017-03-09%2012.04.19.jpg

WOW when the cover was pulled back it looked so good , im so happy with my choice of colour both exterior and interior.

The extras i specced are just what i wanted im sooo pleased with it.

2017-03-09%2012.06.35a.jpg

2017-03-09%2012.05.57a.jpg

2017-03-09%2012.08.19.jpg

2017-03-09%2012.31.49a.jpg

A thorough going over the car which was very informative and actually he made it quite fun.

So its driven outside for us with the top down, the dog is the first one in the car. The salesman said that's a first :D. So off we set a lovely top down drive to Chichester for lunch and a dog walk. A great afternoon the car is plenty loud enough for me but wow the engine is instant!!! Trying so hard to keep around 4k revs but it just wants to go.

PDK is awesome so smooth and coupled with the active cruise in the traffic on the way home all i had to do is steer.The PCM is great and such a big advance on the 981. Everything i specced is great even the heated steering wheel with a little switch at the bottom of the wheel.The keys are now programmed for different seat setting etc and the keyless is great, place you hand near the front and rear boot areas and open they pop , no need to get your hands dirty.The aluminum  Pdk selector is a work of art and a nice little touch.I couldn't be happier and im so pleased i didn't bow to peer pressure, this car is great and i do have the grin factor.Nearly took a sicky today, but the missus wanted it for today.

Overall a great day and experience and we were made to feel really special , even the dog was:o

2017-03-09%2015.52.141.jpg

2017-03-09%2015.52.32a.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad the day was so enjoyable.  Very best of luck with your beautiful new Boxster! ?

BTW, the painted side grilles look brilliant, IMHO.  Much better than the black plastic standard items, which are a bit too prominent on the 718.

agreed on the painted side grills, they look great, as does the car overall!

news to me that keyless allow you to open the boots without pressing anything though...wonder if thats new for the 718?

23 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

news to me that keyless allow you to open the boots without pressing anything though...wonder if thats new for the 718?

How does it work? If you don't press anything, then what do you have to do to make the boots open?  

Telepathy? ?

6 minutes ago, boxsternoob56 said:

magic innit!

Too clever for me. ?

Seriously, I guess the key has to be pretty close to the sensor for it to activate.  You wouldn't want to be sitting in the car with the key and somebody who knows how comes along and pops open your boot lid. 

Of course, you still have to unclip the safety catch on the frunk lid (and lift both lids manually).

7 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Too clever for me. ?

Seriously, I guess the key has to be pretty close to the sensor for it to activate.  You wouldn't want to be sitting in the car with the key and somebody who knows how comes along and pops open your boot lid. 

Of course, you still have to unclip the safety catch on the frunk lid (and lift both lids manually).

Just in your pocket,so has to be reasonably close , so doesn't work if you have the key on you when sat in the car and it wont work with the engine running as already tried that.

16 minutes ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Just in your pocket,so has to be reasonably close , so doesn't work if you have the key on you when sat in the car and it wont work with the engine running as already tried that.

Ah, that all makes good sense, thank you. (You did explain in your earlier description how the keyless boots worked, but I missed it!  ?)

I'm interested to note just how highly 718 owners rate their cars.  Its good to see the 718 now being judged on its own merits, rather than solely on the "N/A flat-six vs turbo flat-four" dimension.  I saw a 718 on the road for the first time recently and was surprised by just how different it looks to the 981.  The "reverse rake" front bumper in particular makes it look much sharper and more aggressive than its predecessor.  Still not entirety sure about the rear spoiler arrangement, but it's growing on me.

A beautiful car and great colour combination.  Long may you enjoy it. ?

Stunning car matey, great choice

I had to read the title twice before i realised you hadnt bought several! :slap:

2 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Ah, that all makes good sense, thank you. (You did explain in your earlier description how the keyless boots worked, but I missed it!  ?)

I'm interested to note just how highly 718 owners rate their cars.  Its good to see the 718 now being judged on its own merits, rather than solely on the "N/A flat-six vs turbo flat-four" dimension.  I saw a 718 on the road for the first time recently and was surprised by just how different it looks to the 981.  The "reverse rake" front bumper in particular makes it look much sharper and more aggressive than its predecessor.  Still not entirety sure about the rear spoiler arrangement, but it's growing on me.

A beautiful car and great colour combination.  Long may you enjoy it. ?

Im not into the "my cars better than yours" scenario. Everyone's cars is right for them.

I had a lot of long test drives in both the  981 s,the GTS and the 718s . My budget was pretty reasonable so i could afford anyone of them.

In the end i felt the 718 more modern, which it should be, better interior colours and options, the PDLS lights are excellent for example, the front end is from the 911,same steering wheel as the 918 B).I owned a 987 for 18 months so i have a little bit of Porsche history. My use of the car( wife and dog) is everyday so not a weekend blast car so the exhaust note was not enough not to buy the 718. I'm a lazy driver and i love the instant power whereas the flat 6 i had to work that little bit more . Reminds me of the 600 vs 1000 bike scenario? 600's are just as fast but you have to work them harder to get there.

15 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Stunning car matey, great choice

I had to read the title twice before i realised you hadnt bought several! :slap:

Thank you. We are really pleased with it.

After the initial clusterf**k last year with a certain OPC:angry: , we have since been treated brilliantly and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience with this OPC.:rolleyes:

LOL i couldn't wait another 10 months for it.

Congratulations, looks a superb choice and I have to say after driving a number of 718's, if I was in the market I wouldn't hesitate moving from a 981 albeit a great car.

10 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

Phew, I thought it was just me! :lol:

Gorgeous car by the way !!

Absolutely lovely and the doggie looks very very sweet -- I've got four of them that look out the rear window much to the amusement of other drivers when stuck in traffic which, in London, often happens

The problem with these posts is that they make me want one ........... have just mocked one up, how do i find a spare £63k :ph34r::ph34r:

Archived