Hit a badger ?

Spinjim

2 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

My daughter hit a swan on the M25.......she says she was only doing 70mph in the middle lane at the time........she stopped at the next exit (just a few miles) and the car never started again after, it was a complete write off.

Bumper split in half under the left lamp.....left lamp no longer there!....radiator and AC condenser completely destroyed, alloy crash bar deformed about three inches, and due to the running on for the few miles with NO water at all in the system the engine was seized solid.  

I sense the probability of someone resurrecting the train and chicken gun story is approaching one :)

6 hours ago, rowbos said:

:o

Wow!

Not what I said to her upon arrival at the Junction she left it at!

Annoying thing is had it been a hundred yards further up the road Epping Council would have taken the car away for free, as it was Chingford (I think) I had to pay to get it taken away...........but I did strip everything of value off the car before it got taken, felt like a real Pikey dismantling the poor BX at the side of the road :D

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

I sense the probability of someone resurrecting the train and chicken gun story is approaching one :)

As I recall it was Summer time, so no frozen Swan :lol:

14 hours ago, Boxbrownie said:

Those Swans are bl00dy big heavy birds!!!!

I guess I've known a few 'swans' in my formative years then. :blush2: 

10 hours ago, Araf said:

I guess I've known a few 'swans' in my formative years then. :blush2: 

Ay-oop........careful there laddy, they may well be stalking you nowadays.......wondering what they let go all those years ago..........OK....well maybe not then :D

On 03/12/2017 at 9:28 AM, Daniel Joseph said:

Around these parts, it's muntjac deer that can be a real hazard:

QZKlD0r.jpg

On a couple of occasions when driving at night on country roads, I've had one of these leap out from the hedgerow directly in front of my car.  I managed not to hit them, but they gave me a hell of a fright.  You do see their corpses on the roadside quite often.  They're sturdy little buggers, so I can only imagine the damage they might do if you hit them.

I had something similar jump out when working as an ice cream man with a van near Chicago one summer many, many years ago.

The van was a shed, it was an old US post office van with two wires to twist together to start it and the dodgiest brakes I've ever experienced.  Freezer for the ice cream was a chest freezer with a block of dry ice.

Happy days ........

Archived