718 vs 981gts

718as

23 hours ago, GTB981 said:

Collected the car on Saturday and absolutely love it to bits. Worth every penny of the cost to change. Compared to the 981 it is a totally different car. The 981 always felt to me like a very nice quality 2 seat convertible with nice options. Good looking, comfy but not very quick by modern standards. Devoid of torque and get up and go. However, the GTS is a sports car firmly focussed to the job in hand. Compaed to the 718S yes maybe a tad slightly slower but has a signature tune to die for. Have been down some of my favourite roads and not pushed it too far yet. Absolutely awesome and it has more to give once I`m used to it. Everybody loves the colour and it is just so much more comfortable as well with the 18 way adaptive seats (had 14 way leather before). Can`t stop driving it and looking forward to trying out the launch control (on a private road of course).

No regrets what so ever, money very well spent !

Glad your loving it dude, get some pictures up :) 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, GTB981 said:

Collected the car on Saturday and absolutely love it to bits. Worth every penny of the cost to change. Compared to the 981 it is a totally different car. The 981 always felt to me like a very nice quality 2 seat convertible with nice options. Good looking, comfy but not very quick by modern standards. Devoid of torque and get up and go. However, the GTS is a sports car firmly focussed to the job in hand. Compaed to the 718S yes maybe a tad slightly slower but has a signature tune to die for. Have been down some of my favourite roads and not pushed it too far yet. Absolutely awesome and it has more to give once I`m used to it. Everybody loves the colour and it is just so much more comfortable as well with the 18 way adaptive seats (had 14 way leather before). Can`t stop driving it and looking forward to trying out the launch control (on a private road of course).

No regrets what so ever, money very well spent !

This thread is killing me, I'm so desperately missing mine and sound of her voice! Doesn't stop me from being really pleased for you though buddy, have fun, choices don't come much better than that!

6 hours ago, Buzzfox said:

This thread is killing me, I'm so desperately missing mine and sound of her voice! Doesn't stop me from being really pleased for you though buddy, have fun, choices don't come much better than that!

Any news to report on yours, @Buzzfox?

I`ll try and get some pics up at the weekend. Interestingly on my run to work of 8 miles in "normal" mode it returns only about 2 MPG less than the 2.7 but has so much more get up and go even in pensioner mode. However, economy is not what it is about at all. Handling is fantastic and the sound ? can`t wait for a run to Hindhead or Brighton to try out tunnels !

50 minutes ago, GTB981 said:

I`ll try and get some pics up at the weekend. Interestingly on my run to work of 8 miles in "normal" mode it returns only about 2 MPG less than the 2.7 but has so much more get up and go even in pensioner mode. However, economy is not what it is about at all. Handling is fantastic and the sound ? can`t wait for a run to Hindhead or Brighton to try out tunnels !

Your so lucky you get to use it every day though! Really looking forward to getting out into Wales for 3 days with my mates at the end of April. 

Fuel wise on the cruise 30mpg isn't a problem, and on the hoon it's not gone lower than 14mpg. I have some tunnel video's but it never sounds as good on camera, the car is ridiculously loud with the roof off in a tunnel :) 

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, Daniel Joseph said:

Any news to report on yours, @Buzzfox?

The body shop are still telling me I'll have her back for the end of the month. I went to see her last Saturday and there seemed to me to be an awful lot still to do in two weeks!

I have no idea how long it takes to rebuild after this kind of damage so I have to trust them when they say end of the month - time will tell!

5 hours ago, Buzzfox said:

The body shop are still telling me I'll have her back for the end of the month. I went to see her last Saturday and there seemed to me to be an awful lot still to do in two weeks!

I have no idea how long it takes to rebuild after this kind of damage so I have to trust them when they say end of the month - time will tell!

Good news.  I'm sure they'll do a good job for you.  Best of luck with it. ?

This GTS is bloody addictive. Yesterday afternoon I took the scenic route home and opened it up on twisty roads. Boy does this thing fly ! Absolutely loving the seats, the handling, the sound and general feel of the car. I seem to be finding any old excuse for twisty banshee howling diversions !

Going back to economy, 8 mile run to work today in normal auto mode with pse on it returned just over 30MPG from cold. The 2.7 used to typically do 28MPG confirming the bigger engine is more efficient. 

1 hour ago, jayk said:

Won't be using this weekend but next weekend in Wales....can't wait. She looks so good on sports chassis. 20161002_153742.jpg

I likey looks like mine but 10mm lower. Amazing what difference 10mm makes (said the actress to the bishop) Enjoy Wales :)

You don`t have the right incentive, a flat 6 howling is addictive. I popped out to get some veg today and took a 20 mile detour :lol top down round Goodwood & Halnaker hooning it like a goodun. Getting used to it now and braking later shifting down a couple of gears and flooring it !

45 minutes ago, GTB981 said:

You don`t have the right incentive, a flat 6 howling is addictive. I popped out to get some veg today and took a 20 mile detour :lol top down round Goodwood & Halnaker hooning it like a goodun. Getting used to it now and braking later shifting down a couple of gears and flooring it !

I nipped to shops at 2 and I'm still out ?

Archived