GT3-Tek 986 Rear Diffuser BoXa.net DEALIO

Jason986S

After banding a few emails to GT3-Tek (better bodies motorsport design) in the USA. Basically I've been offered a deal for myself and other interested BoXa.net members. 

Boxster 986 rear diffuser. Looks a bit like a sport design 987 rear bumper add on. A great addition to a 986 rear end. 

The retail list price is $325 + shipping. 

Our price: $289 + shipping to the UK ($72)

= £280.98 to your door

(£56.04 is shipping via USPS)

Here are a few photos if interested:

836996d1400889233-boxster-memorial-day-s

836998d1400889233-boxster-memorial-day-s

836997d1400889233-boxster-memorial-day-s

IMG_1299.jpg

Unpainted as delivered:

979103D5-A1EF-4DD4-AE8E-F2CB79C2B09D-107

20 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

Couldn't comment on that. Not sure how they're valued for shipping or if they qualify for certain charges at the point of UK acceptance.

Add on £85-£100 to cover it.

2 hours ago, Jason986S said:

Couldn't comment on that. Not sure how they're valued for shipping or if they qualify for certain charges at the point of UK acceptance.

Usually 10% import + vat on top of that so could be a few beans.

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Are pre/post facelift bumpers different then?

Anyway, I like. But I would...

DSC_0005%201_zpsq4osx42w.jpg

I'd love to see your car in the flesh one day, I love the lary colours but yours must be one of the rarest.

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Is that the sport design987.1 stock bumper? I wonder if the bottom half could be chopped off one and grafted onto a 986 bumper?!?

I believe it's called Aerokit, but have never understood the difference btwn AK1 and 2... or even if that was just for the 986 :blush:

2 hours ago, Terryg said:

I'd love to see your car in the flesh one day, I love the lary colours but yours must be one of the rarest.

I believe there's one somewhere around west London, M25-ish. He used to post here regularly but is now more on other fora. (And he got his first, and his IS an official Limited Edition!)

I'm definitely interested but would want to know the full and final price 100% sure, as £280 is a lot. but might just do it anyway, if it came out at £380 then it is a definite no from me. Lets not forget painting and fitting costs too.

Also are you able to get any pictures of it un-fitted, as I would be interested to see if there holes where the bumperettes are or if it just folds into the number plate recess consistently along the length of the recess.

It sits below/behind the bumperettes so shouldn't interfere or be a concern on UK cars (see vid below to confirm).

The email I just got from the supplier:

Hi Jason,

The rear diffuser for the Boxster will fit the 1997 through to 2005, 986 model and yes we mark as a sample or gift so you do not get hit with expensive duties.

Thank you, 
Tony D 

Here is a YouTube installation video which shows the piece before fitted. And how it fits:

9 hours ago, Terryg said:

Nick_usa  He's a moderator on PCGB Boxster section, IIRC.

17 hours ago, Jason986S said:

Is that the sport design987.1 stock bumper? I wonder if the bottom half could be chopped off one and grafted onto a 986 bumper?!?

Could you graft a 981 diffuser on to a 986 bumper?

23 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

LOVE THIS!

wants wider rubber on the rear for me though ???

On 26/04/2017 at 10:02 PM, Jason986S said:

Car parts duty is 4.5% + 20% VAT, using this website

https://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/227489573/

landed UK price is £352, plus parcel force fee of about £5-10. I've bought a few large items and they always seem to get charged customs duties, maybe with smaller parts it's easier to get away with it if they get delivered via Royal Mail. Also depends on how honest your supplier is, When I ordered some carbon fibre handlebars from China, they falsely declared the value at $50 rather than $200, so the charges were based on that.

I suspect this goes on a lot?

1 hour ago, Nobbie said:

Car parts duty is 4.5% + 20% VAT, using this website

https://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/227489573/

landed UK price is £352, plus parcel force fee of about £5-10. I've bought a few large items and they always seem to get charged customs duties, maybe with smaller parts it's easier to get away with it if they get delivered via Royal Mail. Also depends on how honest your supplier is, When I ordered some carbon fibre handlebars from China, they falsely declared the value at $50 rather than $200, so the charges were based on that.

I suspect this goes on a lot?

difference between the "value" and what you've paid for it?

On 4/26/2017 at 9:10 PM, Jason986S said:

.....= £280.98 to your door

On 4/26/2017 at 10:23 PM, Araf said:

Add on £85-£100 to cover it.

3 hours ago, Nobbie said:

landed UK price is £352, plus parcel force fee of about £5-10......

Not a bad guess then. :)

Archived