Search for a decent 981 Boxster with PASM Help!

in_dellible

24 minutes ago, mdunderwood said:

Yes. It's also happened on the passenger side, but that was a lot cheaper to clean as it didn't need the centre console taking ?. Mind you I had to use a tooth tree to clean out the speaker grilles.

just wondering is this you on the commute?

14 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

no you dont need to push the flap back up to make them 'solid' they're fine either way....as for 'not using the drivers cup holder'...when I read that I thought WTF its not like you can use the passenger one from the driving seat....the real solution would simply be to either drive more carefully if you are carrying liquids OR part empty the cup so it doesn't spill :)

Agreed,  by placing the flap back up it prevents the arms from swinging around

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:21 AM, in_dellible said:

Cheers for the input Sheppie_hill. I've no issues with imports especially one's that look like that, but I'm aware of this car and had been trying to call the seller for the best part of 2 weeks when it was up on autotrader, but could never get through, the car was initially advertised by a trade seller - Phantom Motors in Park Royal west London, no such company exists. 

When the add went up on ebay the number changed and I got through and spoke to the seller last Friday and arranged to see the car on Saturday. From speaking to the seller Car is a Singapore import. The seller couldn't account for it originally being advertised under Phantom Motors, he just said "we sometimes sell cars for them" when asked what company he worked for he said "logistic solutions" again no company found, in park royal. I was a bit blinded by the price and look of the car and still agreed to meet. The seller kept saying he'd email me details of the service history from Singapore and the original order, this never arrived nor did the text confirming the address for the viewing. Eventually I prompted him on the Saturday morning , the address I was given was "next to the car wash NW10 7PF" then half way through my journey up there I got a text changing the meet to a car park in Perivale North London at that point (after far too many prompts) I wised up and cancelled. 

Still looks like an incredible prospect at that price, but its so easy to hide accident damage these days, I hope i'm right walking away. 

Seems a little odd as it says it has a GTS body kit from the factory and it's a 2012 car. The GTS wasn't launched at that time was it so how could Porsche fit a body kit from it?

I think later they offered a sport design option on the 981 which was basically the GTS front and rear but part of the front was body coloured unlike the GTS itself. I would guess it's had a prang and if it needed new front or rear mouldings the owner thought why not upgrade to a GTS look. If the repair was done properly it should be just as good as it was from the factory (I should know!!) but I guess there's no paperwork trail so it smacks of a cover up.

4 hours ago, Buzzfox said:

Seems a little odd as it says it has a GTS body kit from the factory and it's a 2012 car. The GTS wasn't launched at that time was it so how could Porsche fit a body kit from it?

I think later they offered a sport design option on the 981 which was basically the GTS front and rear but part of the front was body coloured unlike the GTS itself. I would guess it's had a prang and if it needed new front or rear mouldings the owner thought why not upgrade to a GTS look. If the repair was done properly it should be just as good as it was from the factory (I should know!!) but I guess there's no paperwork trail so it smacks of a cover up.

^ what he said^

10 hours ago, Buzzfox said:

Yeah absolutely, reeks of accident damage... that said the tax on the initial purchase out there would mean the buyer had to have a bit of spare cash, it's possible they just fancied the upgrade. Either way not worth the risk. 

On 12/07/2017 at 11:13 PM, Stuart21UK said:

just wondering is this you on the commute?

That's me pulling onto the drive ?

Just bought my first Porsche, and a 981 S, some great advice on the members of the forum.

I saw the bay car on auto trader, my advice is to stay away. I couldn't find the dealer anywhere on the net which says everything. Regarding the spec and PASM, I think for me it was to find the best and most spec for the money that I had and to have fun with it. 

Today is delivery day, I've haven't been this excited since Xmas eve as a 10 year old and the first Sony Playstation was under the tree. 

Thank you for all your help, I'll post pictures on the appropriate thread.

When I've time I'll also be shaming OPC Aberdeen who have been awful. 

On 10/07/2017 at 10:21 AM, in_dellible said:

the car was initially advertised by a trade seller - Phantom Motors in Park Royal west London, no such company exists.

I think the clue may be in the name :unsure:

The story about meeting next to a car wash and then changing the location just rings alarm bells of a sting of some description!

Anyway, glad to hear you've found a suitable Boxster - looking forward to reading all about it along with some juicy pics :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm actually about to put my black 981 on autotrader this weekend (once I've taken some half decent photos..) and mine has PASM, along with quite a few other desirable extras and within your budget! 

You're going to love the 981 - shame I don't get enough time to drive mine :( 

All the best

NP

Archived