Coolest Feature on your car ....

runner

5 minutes ago, topradio said:

That is cool and quite a complex option I should think as they normally just stick on the logo and that feature will require a sensor - can't think off the top of my head how they might make it work. I assume that you have keyless entry?

On Mrs Radio's Clubman you can walk up to the car with arms full of shopping and wave your foot below the bumper and the rear doors open by themselves. You do feel a bit weird doing it in public though.

Yes i have keyless. There is no sensor but its just cool to touch the "1"The front i just wave my palm below the badge.

1 hour ago, topradio said:

There has to be a sensor of some kind. Be it a switch, proximity, capacitive coupled etc. 

Actually I have just realised that the logo on the 718 is on the plastic bumper so not too difficult - but still cool. 

yes im guessing there is a sensor behind the badge, but if you have the "boxste 718" badge then the "1" isnt in the middle? I debadged mine with just 718

Oh damn, only just realised this was in the 981 forum.

Looks like us yesteryear 986/987 owners weren't invited.

And as for you 718 upstarts, you can stop showing off right now...

:P

718 owners have nothing to show off about with their measly 4 cylinder engines, even with their fancy styling....

One of the really cool things I liked on my 981 were the cup holders, I thought they were really well thought out!

Also the map display on the rhs binnacle when using the nav.

The whole car was an exercise in teutonic excellence to be fair!

18 minutes ago, steveyvuk said:

718 owners have nothing to show off about with their measly 4 cylinder engines, even with their fancy styling....

One of the really cool things I liked on my 981 were the cup holders, I thought they were really well thought out!

Also the map display on the rhs binnacle when using the nav.

The whole car was an exercise in teutonic excellence to be fair!

The cost saving on a spark plug change is an extra pint or 2 down the pub:D

• 1 month later...

The fact you can set the wipers to 45 deg to assist with a windscreen protector/sun blind. 

I mean seriously, who thinks these things must be programmed in to sell a car!

3 hours ago, Patt said:

The fact you can set the wipers to 45 deg to assist with a windscreen protector/sun blind. 

I mean seriously, who thinks these things must be programmed in to sell a car!

you can do that?

Archived