Sub £3.5k Boxsters: Share your bargain buys

Mr96er

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after a year and a half my little 2.5 which was a model for classic and Sportscar has been sold and being collected Tuesday to go to Germany.

The chap works between Cornwall and Germany and is there now.

Bye bye car

P

Bought my 1999 2.5 for sub-£3K. Great little car. It had 100,000 on the clock when I bought it last summer, I have added about 4,000 since then including a couple of track days. The car is in great condition with FSH. Before I bought it the car had work done on the suspension, new brakes etc. I have just replaced the passenger window regulator (genuine Porsche item bought new for £100 off eBay!), water pump (Pierburg), thermostat, V-belt and coolant. I think I was lucky to get a car in such good condition so cheap - I bought in in August so I guess everyone was on holiday at the time. For the money I couldn't be happier. Bargain of the century.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 23.07.41.png

Picked this up at the weekend for £2k. 3.2s manual. 117k miles and MOT for 5 months.

Problems i've noticed with it so far:

-crunch when going into second when the box is cold. Fine once warmed up.

- Radio and heater panel not getting power

- 1x sidelight not getting power and fogs aren't working

-Airbag light on

-Check engine light on. Codes are apparently to do with Lambda sensors, although both showing says to me there's a problem further upstream, so i'm going to clean MAF sensor and check for air leaks at the weekend.

-Steering wheel is wonky, but drives straight. Annoying more than anything.

Everything else works as it should and it pulls bloody well.

Overall, bargain of the century, i'm super happy.

IMG_7222.JPG

On 2/7/2018 at 11:19 PM, 1666matt said:

£3200 boxster s high miles 166k but a fantastic amount of bills, ims changes recently, 

20180207_144813-1008x756.jpg

Those wheels suit it so well - definitely be swapping mine for some after seeing that! (if you fancy a set of my wheels, let me know!)

11 hours ago, Budgie325 said:

Picked this up at the weekend for £2k. 3.2s manual. 117k miles and MOT for 5 months.

-Airbag light on

-Check engine light on. Codes are apparently to do with Lambda sensors, although both showing says to me there's a problem further upstream, so i'm going to clean MAF sensor and check for air leaks at the weekend.

IMG_7222.JPG

Bargain! Looks like the front is sitting low (broken spring?).

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2018 at 3:06 PM, Budgie325 said:

-Airbag light on

IMG_7222.JPG

Ah wheels with a black centre. I have these wheels on a black car, they are currently silver but I've been toying with the idea of refurbing them (there is a thread somewhere) but though I thought about black centres and silver rims had never seen any like it. I am convinced now. 

By the way don't worry about the 2nd gear thing, they all do that to a greater or lesser extent! 

On 04/03/2018 at 10:00 AM, richardjjs said:

Paid 3.5 k for this beauty plus 500 for private plate

94k Tiptronic. New Tyres . Good service history

Had to fit new Shocks and Springs.

Power steering pipe bezel was split so put a jubilee clip around it 

I must check the bezel on mine next time I'm under it, keep forgetting. Has the fluid been changed in the Tiptronic box? I think that's a service item at about 90k, although I have heard some saying not to bother if it's still changing well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 2:30 PM, Ali_D said:

Ah wheels with a black centre. I have these wheels on a black car, they are currently silver but I've been toying with the idea of refurbing them (there is a thread somewhere) but though I thought about black centres and silver rims had never seen any like it. I am convinced now. 

By the way don't worry about the 2nd gear thing, they all do that to a greater or lesser extent! 

Where you based matey? I could be persuaded by a swap with cash either way depending on condition/tyres.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought mine in February of last year for £3.5 k. 2.7 manual from a private owner who had spent lots on her. It's been a great little car. I have however spent in the region of 2k in that time on tyres, New rear screen, water pump and upgrades but no regrets. I'm going to list it for sale soon as I've decided to take the plunge and get either a Cayman or 911. Hope I don't live to regret it! 

Meet “Trigger’s Broom”

she came in at the £3500 mark as a swapper. I took an instant shine, so naturally she started  to let me down. I think she’s up to the intended abuse now, but if to read members rides, you’ll know she has been “difficult” but, feint heart never won fair maiden, so I have kept loving her. She is a little screamer! 

• 1 month later...

Just bought 2 weeks ago.

2001 Boxster 3.2S in dark blue

1 years MOT

New brembo discs and pads all round

17" twists just powdercoated in black and calipers just refurbished

Resprayed in original colour 2 years ago

Grey interior

Runs spot on, now done 1200 miles and its OK.

For the grand price of £2995................Guy was filthy rich and had a new GT3 on his drive, came to collect me at the train station in a Panomera.

Spotted it on Gumtree and snapped it up.

The Boxster I had last year was a 2.7 on 174k and that was £3400.

Couldn't believe this one. Was just in Porsche Glasgow getting a 2nd key. Also gave me the 5 digit private plate as he couldn't be arsed taking it off.

Archived