981 GTS Sold

RBD914 v2

I've been toying with the idea of selling the GTS for a while now, and today got an offer I could not refuse in part exchange for something else!

Why? Well nice as the GTS was, it was getting very little use and the thought of it sitting in the garage all Winter, then needing it's major service and warranty renewing next year, meant that the time was right for a change.

Time for something a little cheaper, something a little less precious that I am happy to run through the Winters, not worry too much about leaving it parked anywhere and hopefully not suffer too much depreciation. Whilst at the same time still being a fun, affordable sports car of course!

So the betting tab is open, place your bets on the replacement gentlemen....

I must warn you that with regard to this new car, you could say that I have gone over to the "Dark Side" in more ways than one!

Rob

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

I've been toying with the idea of selling the GTS for a while now, and today got an offer I could not refuse in part exchange for something else!

Why? Well nice as the GTS was, it was getting very little use and the thought of it sitting in the garage all Winter, then needing it's major service and warranty renewing next year, meant that the time was right for a change.

Time for something a little cheaper, something a little less precious that I am happy to run through the Winters, not worry too much about leaving it parked anywhere and hopefully not suffer too much depreciation. Whilst at the same time still being a fun, affordable sports car of course!

So the betting tab is open, place your bets on the replacement gentlemen....

I must warn you that with regard to this new car, you could say that I have gone over to the "Dark Side" in more ways than one!

Rob

TT 3.2 V6?

Oh - another thought - it might be a diesel ?  Z4 and SLK have lots of diesels!

If you've been really sensible a MX5 would fit the bill.

2 hours ago, rowbos said:

TT 3.2 V6?

Been there, done that!

Someone broke into the house for the keys and nicked it off the drive. Little did he know was that it had a tracker fitted. Police knicked him and got banged up!

Nice car, but I'm not really an Audi fan, R8 excepted of course, but that's beyond my budget at my time of life!

1 hour ago, Gorsh said:

Oh - another thought - it might be a diesel ?  Z4 and SLK have lots of diesels!

If you've been really sensible a MX5 would fit the bill.

Diesel - never, they belong in trucks and buses, not cars!

An MX5 was considered, but it would have to have the TurBo conversion to give it anything like the power I would want from a sports car...the price of which brings in better alternatives.

MX5 also short on boot space for serious continental touring.

Anyway, I'm not quite that sensible either!

1 hour ago, Greenman said:

Depreciation!   I thought GTS's were immune to that!

A 996 911 in Black?  

Depreciation was minimal on the GTS, however once past 3 years, 20,000 miles and outside it's warranty period, I have a feeling it's value would drop more quickly.

However your guess is the closest yet!

3 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Depreciation was minimal on the GTS, however once past 3 years, 20,000 miles and outside it's warranty period, I have a feeling it's value would drop more quickly.

However your guess is the closest yet!

Ah. 997.2?

2 minutes ago, rowbos said:

M3 or M4?

Test drove both but  ended up buying am M140i as our daily driver instead and keeping the GTS.

Now the GTS is going, I wanted an open topped sports car to replace it, but a cheaper one that I could run all year round without fear of trashing its value!

Archived