981 GTS Sold

RBD914 v2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Kilham5 said:

Black 986 or 987

Ok, to put you all out of your misery, one of these guesses is technically correct.

Lets explore the dark side bit, it's dark for me on 3 counts, the colour black being the obvious one.

There are two other 'dark' reasons considering what I had previously...

So what is it precisely, getting close now!

9 minutes ago, Withy said:

Give that man a cigar!

Well done Withy!

Its a low mileage 987S Black Edition.

Why the dark side? Well obviously firstly its black! Secondly not many people go from a 981 to a 987. Finally it's a PDK version! I've extolled the virtues of manual gearboxes in sportscars, but after having so much fun driving our Auto M140i with flappy paddles - I've seen the light!

Heres the link...stunning isn't she?

http://paragongb.com/cars/porsche-boxster-s-black-edition-for-sale-lh11afx

1 minute ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Give that man a cigar!

Well done Withy!

Why the dark side? Well obviously firstly its black! Secondly not many people go from a 981 to a 987. Finally it's a PDK version! I've extolled the virtues of manual gearboxes in sportscars, but after having so much fun driving our Auto M140i with flappy paddles - I've seen the light!

She is a beauty for sure and a great spec ?

1 minute ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Give that man a cigar!

Well done Withy!

That looks awesome!  Just been googling for images and each one just looks amazing.  Particularly this one:

porsche-boxster-3-4-987-s-black-edition-

Much congrats.. I'm sure you'll love it :)

Good conversation this RBD914.. and seems we'll have similar driveways.  Our M140i Shadow edition arrives next Monday replacing the F56 Cooper S my missus drives, and your cool new Black Edition is a bit more similar to my 2006 987S than your GTS was! 

You're all flappy paddle, ours both manual tho :)

Now that is an absolute beaut, just like @John T one - welcome to my club of 987S PDK (obviously yours is nicer :wub:).

do you think you'll write about the transition as I'd love to read about it ..... does it help if I say please :D

1 hour ago, Kilham5 said:

Black 986 or 987

I claim the victory ✌️

That is gorgeous.

Not normally a fan of black wheels, but that is spot on 

2 minutes ago, Forest said:

Got to be a box for European touring with plenty of luggage space, but confused if going from 981 (albeit gts) to 987, so will go with an early 981 S

Looked at early 981S models, but hard to find one with the high spec and low mileage I wanted, within the price range I wanted to pay!

I've had a 987 before and actually preferred it's more raw feel compared to the 981.

The 981 felt more grown up, refined and is a stunning looking car, of that there is no question, especially the GTS version.

The steering and agility of the 987 is better then the 981 though, and I never did like the crease they put in the front wings of the 981...lol!

But Honestly, yes I'm sad to see the GTS go, but I just couldn't justify it any longer, it's a waste not to use a car because to me it's too precious/valuable to spoil it by driving it as its designers intended through all weathers! I don't want a garage queen, I want a car that I feel comfortable driving regularly and not caring if it gets dirty, picks up the odd scratch of stone chip or puts considerable miles on - am I making sense?

Anyway, this fully loaded 987S Black Edition with the PDK gearbox looks the business, can't wait to pick it up next week and drive the wheels off it!

I feel that I will get far more use out of the 987 and yet also. have £20k in the bank to fund my other projects - perfect!

Hope to see many of you at future meets!

Rob

17 minutes ago, Withy said:

That looks awesome!  Just been googling for images and each one just looks amazing.  Particularly this one:

porsche-boxster-3-4-987-s-black-edition-

Much congrats.. I'm sure you'll love it :)

Thanks Withy! They just look so mean and moody in black don't they?

Archived