981 GTS Sold

RBD914 v2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Loz987 said:

Superb car! 

@john t will be proud! His car is "uncatchable" ??

can't wait to see you out in it. We can have a Lakeland run in October perhaps? @CliveH and I are due a re-visit...

congrats on your winter beater. ?

Glad you approve Loz!

Let's have a Scottish Borders run in October!

14 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Thats gorgeous. Strong money though arent they! :o When did that happen lol

Saw the advert on Saturday, car bought today! Delivery next week.

Got a great deal on the GTS, difficult to refuse as it ticked all my requirements!

Yes strong money, but all black editions are similar money, but mine had to have PDK, PASM and PSE so this one was the best value vs it's peers.

18 minutes ago, onedesi said:

Now that is an absolute beaut, just like @John T one - welcome to my club of 987S PDK (obviously yours is nicer :wub:).

do you think you'll write about the transition as I'd love to read about it ..... does it help if I say please :D

Thanks onedesi, happy to write about the transition... Watch this space!

5 hours ago, Loz987 said:

Are those black Spyder wheels? 

What a great find. A 987 you can sling around care free! 

Sports exhaust in the works? 

Hi Loz, yes those are indeed black Spyder wheels, well spotted! Saves 5kg in weight per wheel apparently and they look the dogs danglies don't they?

Can't wait to pick her up next week. You are right, I will be much happier slinging the 987 around as Porsche intended!

The car already has PSE fitted, one of the main reasons I chose this car over the other 4 Black Editions currently for sale! You know it makes sense!!!

R

7 hours ago, Kilham5 said:

I claim the victory ✌️

That is gorgeous.

Not normally a fan of black wheels, but that is spot on 

Ha,ha...yes you were technically correct mate!

I'm also in agreement with you on black wheels normally - but these seem to suit the "mean" look of the car don't they?

I  thought they had a white pin stripe at first, but apparently it's a contrasting silver colour on the rim that they cut out through the black top coat.

Not seen the car in the flesh yet, but I agree, it looks gorgeous in the pictures, drool, drool!

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

7 hours ago, Withy said:

Good conversation this RBD914.. and seems we'll have similar driveways.  Our M140i Shadow edition arrives next Monday replacing the F56 Cooper S my missus drives, and your cool new Black Edition is a bit more similar to my 2006 987S than your GTS was! 

You're all flappy paddle, ours both manual tho :)

Thanks! Yes very similar driveways - we recently swapped our Mini JCW for a White M140i Shadow Edition and decided to try the auto version. What a great gearbox it is, it certainly won me over. Great car by the way, it feels every bit as fast as the Boxster with just endless power on tap everywhere! That turbocharged straight six engine is a masterpiece and the M140i will be the last of its type, it's replacement being a four cylinder unit - sounds familiar!

I've had a 987 before, albeit a 2.9 version and loved its raw feel, direct steering and sheer chuckability, so can't wait to get my hands on the "full fat" version!

As for PDK, well if it's good enough for Lewis Hamilton then it's good enough for me! Seriously though, once I take the time to learn how to use it properly in order to get the best from it, I'm sure that I will love it!

Looking forward to the "Dark Side!"

R

I bought my last 987 from Paragon and although prices were high I got a years warranty and the car was well prepared and in great condition. The Paragon team were excellent (I dealt with Jason). The only downside was the drive back from Sussex to Edinburgh which was a nightmare on the M1 and I didn't know you had to buy a credit in advance to go through the Dartford Tunnel or pay within a fixed period which I didn't do and got a fine! I was too busy concentrating on the newness of the car.

I can understand your thinking behind the purchase and it does look great but bet you will still park at the far side of the car park and wash every week!

Anyway good luck and hope you like PDK.

Alex

4 hours ago, Nimmo12 said:

I bought my last 987 from Paragon and although prices were high I got a years warranty and the car was well prepared and in great condition. The Paragon team were excellent (I dealt with Jason). The only downside was the drive back from Sussex to Edinburgh which was a nightmare on the M1 and I didn't know you had to buy a credit in advance to go through the Dartford Tunnel or pay within a fixed period which I didn't do and got a fine! I was too busy concentrating on the newness of the car.

I can understand your thinking behind the purchase and it does look great but bet you will still park at the far side of the car park and wash every week!

Anyway good luck and hope you like PDK.

Alex

Good to hear you had a good experience with Paragon Alex!. Yes I am getting a year's warranty too which is great for peace of mind!

We are going down to Sussex for a few days and making a few day's break out of it, but thanks for the tip re the Dartford Tunnel.

I'm sure you are right re the parking and washing, but my main objective is just to drive it more rather than cosset the thing!

As regards PDK, that will be an interesting transition....albeit one which I am looking forward to!

17 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Glad you approve Loz!

Let's have a Scottish Borders run in October!

please let me know if you do this! I often come down the moffat road of a nice evening to enjoy the car, its a lovely run down from Edinburgh.

Would definitely be up for a bit of that. It's possible my friend will have his brand new GT3 by then too! 

4 minutes ago, shrink said:

please let me know if you do this! I often come down the moffat road of a nice evening to enjoy the car, its a lovely run down from Edinburgh.

Would definitely be up for a bit of that. It's possible my friend will have his brand new GT3 by then too! 

Will do mate!

Archived