Oh I did'nt realise I'd hit it!!!!!!

headless

My ex used to go to pieces parking my car if I was in it. He just seemed to lose all ability to park, but it was always 'cos 'I made him nervous by being there'.

Thing is, when I wasn't in it, he clearly used the rather high kerb in our street at the time as a guide as my alloys were ruined! So he should've just admitted he couldn't park full stop :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

My ex used to go to pieces parking my car if I was in it. He just seemed to lose all ability to park, but it was always 'cos 'I made him nervous by being there'.

Thing is, when I wasn't in it, he clearly used the rather high kerb in our street at the time as a guide as my alloys were ruined! So he should've just admitted he couldn't park full stop :rolleyes:

All right so there’s always two sides to every story I guess ?

Did you sit there tutting as he was parking, in an intimidating fashion? ?

Ah this thread has made me laugh throughout. Particularly enjoy the genius of the foam products on the back of the boxster. To be fair I think you might need to treat her to a new car as I’m not sure I would care much about what that Micra hits either. ?

My own story relates to the early days of my now wife and I. She was picking me up from the station, I got in the car and she just selected reverse built up a bit of speed and slammed into the front of an old pick up. The driver who was a stereotypical farmer type seemed fairly unfazed and after asking if she had broken his number plate (no but plenty of other scratches added) he told her in a relatively good natured way to just f@ck off and get on her way. Not sure a male driver would have received the same let off! Of course again it was my fault as my presence had made her “nervous”....

4 hours ago, Blackbatchew said:

To be fair I think you might need to treat her to a new car as I’m not sure I would care much about what that Micra hits either. ?

1, It's a Jimny

2 I asked her if she wanted a new car and she said no, so I bought the Boxster instead, hahaha, so I suppose it's self inflicted...one careful lady owner my ar*e!!!!!!!!:P

19 hours ago, headless said:

1, It's a Jimny

2 I asked her if she wanted a new car and she said no, so I bought the Boxster instead, hahaha, so I suppose it's self inflicted...one careful lady owner my ar*e!!!!!!!!:P

You got me there - still looks like a micra to me but on closer inspection on stilts. 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!!!!

Wife just came home and put her Jimny in the garage and said...oh your foam thing has fell off the back of the car, went out and she'd hit the back again cos there was a clean bit on her front bumper cos her car is always filthy, so bit the bullet and just spent 30 minutes trying to find a bit to secure a ball and rope over a beam that would clear the up and over electric door chain mechanism, so have done the old ball hitting the front screen thing and got her to put her car back in to check it was ok, there is at least a foot between the front of the Jimny and the back of the Boxster, so hopefully that should cure it, but the foam is staying on the back of the Boxster just in case:unsure:

6 minutes ago, headless said:

UPDATE!!!!!!

Wife just came home and put her Jimny in the garage and said...oh your foam thing has fell off the back of the car, went out and she'd hit the back again cos there was a clean bit on her front bumper cos her car is always filthy, so bit the bullet and just spent 30 minutes trying to find a bit to secure a ball and rope over a beam that would clear the up and over electric door chain mechanism, so have done the old ball hitting the front screen thing and got her to put her car back in to check it was ok, there is at least a foot between the front of the Jimny and the back of the Boxster, so hopefully that should cure it, but the foam is staying on the back of the Boxster just in case:unsure:

For Gods sake!

The tennis ball trick still requires her to take note of what she is doing and to look where she is going :)

You could reinforce that with a 2cm high baton fixed to the floor up against the front wheels of the wife's car. Baton not high enough to stop Boxster but enough to provide a physical reminder to you wife! 

Why are you letting her park anyway?

Wimmin are just not predisposed with the ability to park any car anywhere at anytime.

We have a rule I do the the things she can't do, like parking (especially in the garage) and she does the things that I can't do, like cooking cleaning and washing.

Archived