Oh I did'nt realise I'd hit it!!!!!!

headless

when you go into the garage and realise your wife has hit the back of your Boxster with her car and not said anything, it's a tandem garage so one car behind the other!!!!

It was only surface scratches that some cutting polish and polishing machine got out, and then a good polish, so have made a foam sheet that goes over the back of the Boxster that sticks on the back with 2 suckers and 2 foam prongs that hit the front bonnet of her car when she gets to within 6 inches of my car to tell her to stop!!!!

Another possible solution would be a tennis ball hanging from the ceiling measured to rest on your wife's cars windscreen when the right distance is reached.

Let's hope her foot doesn't slip at the critical moment!

Yeah right. :lol:  

If she didn't think she had hit it than you would have got "It wasn't me, it must have been when you were last out." or "How dare you suggest..."

Make sure she pays - in kind at least. ;) 

2 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Ingenious, I would however ban my wife from parking in the garage to maintain a more appropriate level of physical car separation!

haha, it is a worry, she seems to go into the garage far too fast for my liking, same with bends really, no idea of appropriate speed, haha!!!!

1 minute ago, headless said:

haha, it is a worry, she seems to go into the garage far too fast for my liking, same with bends really, no idea of appropriate speed, haha!!!!

?

I was sat with my wife in her car as she parked. She reversed into a big stone wall. It was apparently my fault as I’m too judgemental of her driving and it makes her nervous ?

1 hour ago, rowbos said:

?

I was sat with my wife in her car as she parked. She reversed into a big stone wall. It was apparently my fault as I’m too judgemental of her driving and it makes her nervous ?

Yep, I've been there as well more than once.  All my fault apparently. 

Do occasionally let the Mrs drive......last time she drove to our local PCGB meet she couldn't reverse into a parking space, couldn't select reverse, couldn't adjust mirrors to see etc...all my fault.

She'd never be able to get it in our garage anyway

N9MZ66o.jpg

(drive way has now been weeded)

2 minutes ago, Pezky said:

Do occasionally let the Mrs drive......last time she drove to our local PCGB meet she couldn't reverse into a parking space, couldn't select reverse, couldn't adjust mirrors to see etc...all my fault.

She'd never be able to get it in our garage anyway

(drive way has now been weeded)

So do you climb out though the roof and use monkey bars to swing your way over the top of the car to get out!  It's a little tight in there :) 

As an off-topic aside to this thread, is it just my PC doing something funny, or is @rowbos demonstrating his superpowers by replying in post #4 above to a link that wasn't added until post #5?  

10 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

As an off-topic aside to this thread, is it just my PC doing something funny, or is @rowbos demonstrating his superpowers by replying in post #4 above to a link that wasn't added until post #5?  

No superpowers!   I noticed myself.  I think the original post I replied to was deleted and re-added after I quoted it maybe?   Just a theory ? 

Edit - the link does look identical though!  No idea...

1 minute ago, rowbos said:

No superpowers!   I noticed myself.  I think the original post I replied to was deleted and re-added after I quoted it maybe?   Just a theory ?

Yeah, plausible, but isn't that just the sort of story these closet superheros always tell to cover up their identities!

2 hours ago, rowbos said:

So do you climb out though the roof and use monkey bars to swing your way over the top of the car to get out!  It's a little tight in there :) 

Park as far over to the near side, carpet against wall so paint isn't damaged and don't eat too many pies:inocent:

2 hours ago, Jon61 said:

2 hours ago, rowbos said:

Edit - the link does look identical though!  No idea...

haha, correct, what happened was I was having trouble getting the photgraph up, forum would'nt allow it cos it was too big, tried making it smaller, still too big, so tried photobucket link a few times and that did'nt work, and when it did I thought it was wrong so deleted it again and just as I deleted it you replied to the post with the link, so I realised it did work, so added it again, so it was below the reply, haha, I really am rubbish at this stuff!!!

How do you get a piccy up like Pezky did above, I'm in a few forums and can do it on them, just not here????

8 hours ago, headless said:

You might want to change that link - seems to allow access to all your 524 pics ( i gave up at 523 so hope i haven't missed the best one!) :D  Normally you just share link to specific photo which then pastes it in the post but think that option is no longer available on P'bucket so you may need to change to imgur or flickr which most people now use.

42 minutes ago, red rocket said:

You might want to change that link - seems to allow access to all your 524 pics ( i gave up at 523 so hope i haven't missed the best one!) :D  Normally you just share link to specific photo which then pastes it in the post but think that option is no longer available on P'bucket so you may need to change to imgur or flickr which most people now use.

oh, thanks dude, I'll have to look in to one of those, nothing on there I don't want anybody to see anyway, haha, but did'nt realise it would allow access to every piccy!!!!

On 06/12/2017 at 10:27 AM, rowbos said:

?

I get that "shut up, you're making me nervous".

Not sure how I did it the time i was sat in the lounge watching tv and jumped when I heard a massive thump as she drove straight into the bay on the front of our house. It's always been there so shouldn't be a surprise, but apparently she always uses it as a guide as to when to stop and just approached a bit too quickly that day! 

I also have a parking ding in the front wing of my car which is exactly the height and shape of the back door of her car, but it definitely wasn't her apparently :)

Just now, antspants said:

I get that "shut up, you're making me nervous".

Not sure how I did it the time i was sat in the lounge watching tv and jumped when I heard a massive thump as she drove straight into the bay on the front of our house. It's always been there so shouldn't be a surprise, but apparently she always uses it as a guide as to when to stop and just approached a bit too quickly that day! 

I also have a parking ding in the front wing of my car which is exactly the height and shape of the back door of her car, but it definitely wasn't her apparently :)

Just sat here laughing out loud :lol:

Archived