Going for a Carnewal exhaust

John K

40 minutes ago, Ale_72 said:

Thnaks!!!

I was just looking it. The difference (at least from my macbook) is very subtle. I was expecting something "more" but from your words the difference seems much more significant :D

I think this is what appeals, at idle it just sounds deeper so the difference is subtle but when driving behind Johns car and he gave it the beans it is very very very good/loud :)

only way I can describe it is the Carnewal exhaust comes on song when you want it to, could easily drive around and you wouldn’t notice it at normal revs which is exactly what I want.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great tale that could have turned into a serial killers dream. 

So you went to meet a man you know from the Internet and followed him into the middle of nowhere? ... I hope you told someone where you were going ?

5 minutes ago, rowbos said:

So you went to meet a man you know from the Internet and followed him into the middle of nowhere? ... I hope you told someone where you were going ?

Don't...

When we both got out at a t-junction, stopped and got out to try and figure out which way was towards civilisation I really did think "who is going to pull the ice pick out first"

I have never been so glad to eventually see white lines down the middle of a road...

28 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Now you put it like that ........... ?

let that be a lesson to you all ?

18 minutes ago, John K said:

The problem is Gobind doesn't look like a serial killer, which means he is...

? you beat me to it

1 hour ago, onedesi said:

Ionly way I can describe it is the Carnewal exhaust comes on song when you want it to, could easily drive around and you wouldn’t notice it at normal revs which is exactly what I want.

That will be perfectly fine for me as well.

12 hours ago, John K said:

I think that is the genius of a Carnewal. It is quiet and normal until you are on the moo.

Under load it sounds very, very different. It is not so much louder, it just sounds so much better.

If you want loud from idle, there are plenty of other exhausts to go to, but if you want something for daily use that can go from civilized to savage, it is still the Carnewal. And I love the twin nature of the exhaust. I don't want shouty, shouty all the time.

A good summary!

15 hours ago, John K said:

If you want loud from idle, there are plenty of other exhausts to go to, but if you want something for daily use that can go from civilized to savage, it is still the Carnewal. And I love the twin nature of the exhaust. I don't want shouty, shouty all the time.

I was very happy, for instance, with the PSE I had on the 997S.

Unfortunately Morgan's side pipes completely reset my standards of “loud”, so now almost everything seems so civilised to my ears.

Looking forward to install and hear my carnewal!

I've realised I have the dashcam footage of the run through the narrow streets. Its not dedicated camera audio levels but seems to be good enough to have the wife shouting "WTF are you watching at this time in the morning"

As soon as I've figured out the technology, I will post a clip a few seconds long

2 minutes ago, John K said:

I've realised I have the dashcam footage of the run through the narrow streets. Its not dedicated camera audio levels but seems to be good enough to have the wife shouting "WTF are you watching at this time in the morning"

As soon as I've figured out the technology, I will post a clip a few seconds long

Excellent!  There are a couple of narrow streets where I live that seem to draw me in. Dunster for one. Best with no one around though so I don’t scare the natives.  

9 minutes ago, Ale_72 said:

I was very happy, for instance, with the PSE I had on the 997S.

Unfortunately Morgan's side pipes completely reset my standards of “loud”, so now almost everything seems so civilised to my ears.

Looking forward to install and hear my carnewal!

I would love to see/hear your Morgan in action. It is a thing of beauty.  

6 minutes ago, onedesi said:

So much for the plan to go to Belgium and get my exhaust done, the weather seems to be conspiring against me - I wonder if its a message :(

Act of God.  You can’t use the car in this weather anyway!

The sweet pain of anticipation... 

3 hours ago, rowbos said:

Act of God.  You can’t use the car in this weather anyway!

The sweet pain of anticipation... 

Let’s see what life brings, I’ve given up trying to plan anything these days ?

maybe there is a 911 in my not too distant future ?

19 hours ago, onedesi said:

I’ve given up trying to plan anything these days

Theoretically my job is supposed to be "Project Manager"

15 years of failing to manage anything has taught me never to plan. Just start doing it and work the lumps out when they arrive.

Just been for a nice walk in the snow with SWMBO.....mooted the idea of a weekend in Belgium and visit to Gert during my impending semi retirement....response was surprisingly positve!! :bana:Anyone know whether Carnewal is worth it on basic 2.7? Also considering Topgear as they're local.

2 minutes ago, red rocket said:

Just been for a nice walk in the snow with SWMBO.....mooted the idea of a weekend in Belgium and visit to Gert during my impending semi retirement....response was surprisingly positve!! :bana:Anyone know whether Carnewal is worth it on basic 2.7? Also considering Topgear as they're local.

I'm sure I have heard plenty of positives from people running Carnewal on a 2.7 or 2.9 mate...

28 minutes ago, red rocket said:

This is my 987.1 2.7 with carnewal box (please forgive the footage, daughter had been messing with the white balance ).

it sounds great!

33 minutes ago, red rocket said:

I’ve had a similar conversation with my wife and I got a positive response as well.

8 minutes ago, MattS said:

This is my 987.1 2.7 with carnewal box (please forgive the footage, daughter had been messing with the white balance ).

it sounds great!

Awesome :thumbsup_still: Thanks Matt.

Archived