John K

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, CliveH said:

How many more sleeps John?

N/A too excited to sleep..!

12 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Doing the maths now I am thinking going down the postal route, if I can get a price for the postage return, peeps that have done it this way how much did it cost?

From Gert...

To ship the original muffler back to Belgium, you can use for example www.parcel2go.com, www.interparcel.com or Parcel Force.

They offer pretty interesting prices compared to other couriers.

The dimensional weight of the box is 30kg. (85x65x27xm)

When I actually ship mine back, I will give you the real world costs

39 minutes ago, John K said:

From Gert...

To ship the original muffler back to Belgium, you can use for example www.parcel2go.com, www.interparcel.com or Parcel Force.

They offer pretty interesting prices compared to other couriers.

The dimensional weight of the box is 30kg. (85x65x27xm)

When I actually ship mine back, I will give you the real world costs

£15 without insurance or £30 insured for £300.

DPD with parcel2go seems to be the cheapest option.

@John K I visited Gert to get the exhaust modded, best thing I did to the 987S.

As others have said takes a few hundred miles to bed in then it suddenly sounds epic. You’ll love it! 

My thread below - even has the odd clip of the sound I think:

http://www.BoXa.net/forum/index.php?/topic/60721-last-minute-carnewal-9871-gt-road-trip/#comment-723064

1 hour ago, Andy Mac said:

@John K I visited Gert to get the exhaust modded, best thing I did to the 987S.

As others have said takes a few hundred miles to bed in then it suddenly sounds epic. You’ll love it! 

My thread below - even has the odd clip of the sound I think:

http://www.BoXa.net/forum/index.php?/topic/60721-last-minute-carnewal-9871-gt-road-trip/#comment-723064

@Andy Mac nice post, great pics.

We need to take collective ownership of the shop in the 13th picture - I think the name would suit us, especially if we could prefix it with 'Old'

Very interesting to hear everybody saying it need a few hundred miles to come on song. That's Friday taken care of...

Still excited..! Only 5 sleeps left...

I think the other benefit of going to Gert is he didn't charge me extra for all my studs being knackered, he redid a whole load of them giving me a few years with no more hassle from bits rusting up, that's worth another £100-£200 vs getting bits and bobs done at subsequent services

Gert is busy it seems. My car goes in this week and my manifolds are getting sent over for him to repair and fit high flow cats, and then I have a new cat-less back system to go with it (no standard exhaust to swap with him unfortunately!

On 10/02/2018 at 9:16 AM, Andy Mac said:

I’ve done 94 miles in mine since the Carnewal Cayman R GT exhaust was fitted yesterday. Tomorrow could be quite a day :) 

On 10/02/2018 at 10:47 AM, John K said:

Very interesting to hear everybody saying it need a few hundred miles to come on song. That's Friday taken care of...

Still excited..! Only 5 sleeps left...

You’ll hardly sleep Wednesday night John!

1 hour ago, Tengocity said:

Gert is busy it seems. My car goes in this week and my manifolds are getting sent over for him to repair and fit high flow cats, and then I have a new cat-less back system to go with it (no standard exhaust to swap with him unfortunately!

So he should be, his work is excellent. Will be interested to hear what results you get.

Just got an emailed picture from Lee of a big box, it's arrived..!!!!

Told my work they are getting nothing from me except dribbling noises on Thursday and Friday.

3 minutes ago, John K said:

Just got an emailed picture from Lee of a big box, it's arrived..!!!!

Superb!  So are you loudly joining the Bridgnorth outing on Sunday?

4 minutes ago, John K said:

Told my work they are getting nothing from me except dribbling noises on Thursday and Friday.

And they asked how they would tell the difference between that and normal day-to-day operation?  ;) 

28 minutes ago, rowbos said:

And they asked how they would tell the difference between that and normal day-to-day operation? 

Closer to the truth than you might suspect.

The first time I had a MRI scan of my brain, my boss asked me to send the images over as proof I actually had one...

1 minute ago, John K said:

Closer to the truth than you might suspect.

The first time I had a MRI scan of my brain, my boss asked me to send the images over as proof I actually had one...

Don't be so hard on yourself!

And get yourself one of these to help with the dribbling - Amazon...

41naPxVzJSL._SY355_

2 hours ago, rowbos said:

Superb!  So are you loudly joining the Bridgnorth outing on Sunday?

So basically you want me to be out with you lot when the Carnewal hits puberty and it's balls drop... That is a very private moment that should be shared only between an owner, his car and his exhaust... And then we sit down and have a chat about flashing your lights at curvy retro Camper Vans and where Smart cars come from.

If I can be there I will be..!

6 minutes ago, John K said:

So basically you want me to be out with you lot when the Carnewal hits puberty and it's balls drop... That is a very private moment that should be shared only between an owner, his car and his exhaust... And then we sit down and have a chat about flashing your lights at curvy retro Camper Vans and where Smart cars come from.

If I can be there I will be..!

:lol:

And put it this way...

When sat in Lee's waiting area, there are 4 brick walls between me and the workshop.

I knew when they were testing it..!

And I am struggling a bit with the fact I've just dropped a grand to make other peoples days a nicer place. If it sounds good in the car, it must sound epic from behind.

In fact I'm going to employ somebody to drive my car and I'm just going to follow it.

What impresses me is that sure, it is going to sound great at 6,000 rpm and under full moo at which point it is screaming, but when under load in 6th at 1,200 rpm it sounds 'woofely' and 'burbly' and it seems every different rpm range and engine load produces a different note.

This is no one trick pony...

I did the two railway bridges I know and for 2/10th of a second my world was a happy place. The 2nd bridge was the one on Station Rd at the bottom of Broadway. They've just finished renovating it for the reopening of the steam line to Cheltenham races. There were two blokes in hardhats stood under it as I nailed it in 2nd. They might have been looking as I headed away. They were probably shouting "You Child" at me, but strangely enough I couldn't hear them...

On 2/8/2018 at 9:08 PM, bally4563 said:

Doing the maths now I am thinking going down the postal route, if I can get a price for the postage return, peeps that have done it this way how much did it cost?

£16 by Parcel Force..! Seems good value to me. We just reused the same packing.

3 minutes ago, j0hn said:

I know what we can do! go for a drive, switch positions..listen to each other's Gert-Magic pipes :)

Great idea, can I join the convoy?! :rocks:

Archived