Going for a Carnewal exhaust

John K

14 minutes ago, MattS said:

This is my 987.1 2.7 with carnewal box (please forgive the footage, daughter had been messing with the white balance ).

it sounds great!

That does sound great! Had one on my 2.7 too, nothing but aural pleasure ?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, red rocket said:

Awesome :thumbsup_still: Thanks Matt.

No problem?

We stayed in the Marriott in Ghent right in the centre by the river, hotel was great, they made us more than welcome and the city was even better, girlfriend and I had a great time, it’s not that far from Gerts either.

36 minutes ago, CliveH said:

nothing but aural pleasure

Said the Actress to the Bishop...

I once used that expression to an American work colleague. It resulted in a 45 minute explanation as to what it meant.

They have a different sense of humor don't they - they must have, they elected Trump...

19 hours ago, John K said:

I once used that expression to an American work colleague. It resulted in a 45 minute explanation as to what it meant.

They have a different sense of humor don't they - they must have, they elected Trump...

Oh yes that do! I could write a book on it but we’re in danger of going off topic here so I’ll give just one example - I once asked a lady in the office over there if she had a rubber I could borrow, you should have seen her face!

18 minutes ago, CliveH said:

Oh yes that do! I could write a book on it but we’re in danger of going off topic here so I’ll give just one example - I once asked a lady in the office over there if she had a rubber I could borrow, you should have seen her face!

A colleague of mine asked a room full of US marines if he could bum a fag??

I once announced to 60 people at a company IT get together in Atlanta I was "off to powder my nose"

All the Americans thought I had gone to take some cocaine

2 hours ago, Ale_72 said:

If there are no last second surprises, this afternoon I should be able to get my Carnewal exhaust installed.

Hopefully good luck on the install will lead to good fun on the roads..!

It will not only look fantastic it will sound epic as well.

Guvs.

2 hours ago, John K said:

Hopefully good luck on the install will lead to good fun on the roads..!

My friend was supposed to call me around lunch time to agree on the time but until now no news :(

7 hours ago, Ale_72 said:

My friend was supposed to call me around lunch time to agree on the time but until now no news :(

Any update? 

By the look of the smiley your pleased.

I'm back in work so cant see the image but can guess what it is, (sound track I hope)

Guvs.

Hi Guvs, all pics were all related to the installation process.

Regarding the sound itself I want to wait. As of now the change is subtle. Maybe too subtle for me.

But everywhere I read that I should wait a couple fo hundreds km. And this is exactly what I'll try to do. Drive it like hell!

Even if, considering how things are going, it will take more than one month to do that.

I finally got to give it the moo in the Longbridge Island Underpass (A46/M40 interchange), its perhaps 75mtrs of overpass and I timed it perfectly to get most of 2nd and the change to 3rd under full power.

I liked it, definitely a more angry sound under load. At those revs and load it was screaming.

Still happy - but a bit worried that @Ale_72 is still waiting to hear a difference... :huh:

Well underpass do not count :D

I tested it for 30 min under heavy rain with roof up and windows up.

I am pretty sure that as soon as I can get better conditions, my judgement will be different and after some km (as everybody said and as Gert pre-warned me before the install).

Time will tell. I am not in a hurry.

Archived