Will the OPC,s send history?

bally4563

I would visit them in person with the v5 in your name, some photo ID and maybe the receipt for the purchase of the car. They are tight on data protection, but will confirm with yes or no’s if a car was looked after by them, but disclose nothing more without the above. Doing it over the phone probably wouldn’t be as fruitfull as a face to face discussion in that OPC.

People on here have had similar success. I’m sure somebody (was it @bagss2?) got the paperwork for a warranty Cayenne engine rebuild before his ownership (using the method above).

2 hours ago, Jason986S said:

I would visit them in person with the v5 in your name, some photo ID and maybe the receipt for the purchase of the car. They are tight on data protection, but will confirm with yes or no’s if a car was looked after by them, but disclose nothing more without the above. Doing it over the phone probably wouldn’t be as fruitfull as a face to face discussion in that OPC.

People on here have had similar success. I’m sure somebody (was it @bagss2?) got the paperwork for a warranty Cayenne engine rebuild before his ownership (using the method above).

+1 for this sound advice.

And, yes, a quick visit yielded a couple of nice coffees and c. £9k-worth of service history (at OPC warranty 'cost' rates).

Cheers, Baggers.

I am after invoice copies looking at the DVLA MOT history I can tell parts have been replaced, front springs one strut and arb bushes but other bits look new like drop links for example, this is what I would like to see invoices for.

You probably won't get them. I've asked to have copy invoices with personal information removed but no such luck. 

11 minutes ago, edc said:

You probably won't get them. I've asked to have copy invoices with personal information removed but no such luck. 

I have asked for both my Boxsters from three different OPCs, blanked on all counts...

You won’t get copy invoices but I’ve had no problem (well a little initial reluctance) in getting a printout of service and maintenance history on 2 occasions.

They will say it is for data protection but it is laziness or client privacy

I guess it might be a conflict of interest as their clients may sell a car and say this and that has been don and if the OPC wades in and says no actually it hasn't they p*ss off their customer

Like how hotels are OK with drugs and hookers on the premesis

• 3 weeks later...

Had a chat yesterday at at OPC Wilmslow, very helpful but was told that Porsche do not operate a central database, and to try where the majority of service stamps have come from, in my case OPC Reading.

Yes there is no central database. But many OPCs are part of a group franchise. In my case West London and Guildford are the same group and I could get the details 

That’s odd, Bristol OPC told me there is a central database, and when I went to Leeds OPC (not part of the same group) they accessed all the service and maintenance records from what appeared to be a central database.

Obviously Clive you must have the charm!, Must be that lambs wool lined COD peice that you saunter in with when making deals, that gives you authority/ confidence over mere mortals.!

I rang 2 different OPCs to get info about mine. They were both great. I simply asked them for whatever info they had on the car, suggested they delete the owner info to protect themselves, and they sent me pages of stuff relating to several years worth of servicing and maintenance.

I’ve tried several OPCs for both my current and my last car to gather more history detail.  No joy on the whole.  The best I had was a confirmation from Bournemouth OPC that the last service stamp in my service book (just prior to my purchase) did indeed happen. They would not give me anything other than an email to this effect. 

I've never managed to get anything other than verbal confirmation on the current car that the previous owner wanted the car brought up to Porsche levels of quality when they bought it and spent a fortune doing so. Would love to get the receipts!

Archived