I NEED your help Boxsterers

Stuart21UK

As some of you know I am pursuing Porsche under warranty to replace my roof due to a cut that has been worn in the drivers side seam (plus other scuff marks elsewhere too)

I spoke to @Araf about this and he noticed that the rubbers on both sides indicate that the roof is potentially mis-aligned... 

driver side

1711-IMG_6732.jpg

passenger side

1711-IMG_6741.jpg

Can anyone with a 981 please post a picture of both passenger and driver side windows like the above so I can see the relationship of the door/window rubber and surround in relation to the roof...

It's the bottom corner door/window rubber/roof I am interested in i.e. rear of window where it touches the roof

Many thanks

Stuart

Remind me at the wknd as mine goes in for a service this wk

Funny enough I was looking at just that on mine when I cleaned it at the weekend. The clearance is the same on both sides slightly more than on your drivers side and slightly less than your passenger side.

Just for you I ventured out into the cold garage

BoRxqsZ.jpg

rlw6sf4.jpg

1 hour ago, topradio said:

Funny enough I was looking at just that on mine when I cleaned it at the weekend. The clearance is the same on both sides slightly more than on your drivers side and slightly less than your passenger side.

Just for you I ventured out into the cold garage

BoRxqsZ.jpg

rlw6sf4.jpg

thanks Eddie

see that triangular bit at the bottom, above the black strip...is that of equal shape and size too?

Even in Berkshire I was surprised to see my 981 with a covering of snow under the car port! The wind had really whipped it in overnight!  Hope these pictures are clear enough

981 windows

981 windows 

@Stuart21UK, I think that all of the above add credence to your claim but I now don't think it is for the extended warranty to deal with.  This is a manufacturing defect (IMHO) which you have highlighted to them on more than one occasion.

9 hours ago, Araf said:

@Stuart21UK, I think that all of the above add credence to your claim but I now don't think it is for the extended warranty to deal with.  This is a manufacturing defect (IMHO) which you have highlighted to them on more than one occasion.

Ian can you mark on the photo of one of these (any picture that is the best base for an arrow or whatever to be added) the area you mentioned that is different on mine?

I thought you meant the little rubber triangle but now I'm not so sure (and its both dark, cold and wet outside and mine is completely snow covered!)

@Stuart21UK

Stuart, we not back in the UK until late Saturday night. Will take some pics of mine on Sunday so you have some more evidence if you want.

Steve.

@Stuart21UK

Stuart, we not back in the UK until late Saturday night. Will take some pics of mine on Sunday so you have some more evidence if you want.

Steve.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:06 PM, Araf said:

21 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

Ian can you mark on the photo of one of these (any picture that is the best base for an arrow or whatever to be added) the area you mentioned that is different on mine?

I thought you meant the little rubber triangle but now I'm not so sure (and its both dark, cold and wet outside and mine is completely snow covered!)

Not really any need to.  If you look at any of those pictures apart from your driver's side, there's rubber between the window glass and the hood.  On yours, there's not.

In addition, on your passenger side, the bottom corner of the hood is not touching the rubber baffle at the leading edge of the rear quarter.

2 hours ago, Araf said:

Not really any need to.  If you look at any of those pictures apart from your driver's side, there's rubber between the window glass and the hood.  On yours, there's not.

In addition, on your passenger side, the bottom corner of the hood is not touching the rubber baffle at the leading edge of the rear quarter.

the window rubber not being visible is an easy spot for me (blue) but to be clear you are talking about the white marked bits on the passenger side as per...?

1711-IMG_6741-marked.jpg

Yes, exactly. :)

In all of the other people's pictures the fabric seems to just be touching that baffle.  On yours the passenger side is no where near and your driver's side one is being bent forward.

Archived