Red 718 GTS

RBD914 v2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that seems rather on the high side!

I’m assuming it has every option on offer plus the kitchen sink?

If I was looking to spend £80K on a car I don’t think it would be that one... as nice as it looks...

10 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Wow that seems rather on the high side!

I’m assuming it has every option on offer plus the kitchen sink?

If I was looking to spend £80K on a car I don’t think it would be that one... as nice as it looks...

Me neither!

I tell myself if anyone has a spare 81000k  knocking about they could blow on that particular car they wont enjoy it half as muck as many of us here enjoy our hard won cars.

3 minutes ago, Topbox said:

I tell myself if anyone has a spare 81000k  knocking about they could blow on that particular car they wont enjoy it half as muck as many of us here enjoy our hard won cars.

I second that emotion!

2 hours ago, Topbox said:

This is soo true.

Saw a kitted out rhodium silver one yesterday on the Porsche stand at Geneva, thought that looked really good. Its easy to get to +19k when specing new Porsches, even without ceramic brakes!

At £80k I think a of a whole host of cars I would rather have (I can probably get all I want for £50k) so that price is just nuts to my mind.

I guess whoever bought did so on some form of lease so the ticket price is by and large irrelevant as the owner feels they are just funding the monthly payments to own.

With a price of £62k in add GTS pack £3k paint £1600 PDK £2300,PDLS £1400 electric sports seats £2k .... its doesnt take long . The 718 did increase in price as i remember you could have got a 981 gts for the same price as 718s.

I remember a few years back at a auto jumble haggling over some car bits, trying to to get the price down i said to the guy thats a bit expensive , his response was "dont buy it then", someone else will, and they obviously do.

13 hours ago, Topbox said:

The big but? If you did have the money would you buy an £80k car?

It's all relative to how much money you have in total surely?

If I won multi millions on the Lotto I would have a fleet of cars, each of which would cost in excess of £80k.

However in the real world, unless I were a business tycoon earning silly money, then no, £50k would be my limit.

4 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

It's all relative to how much money you have in total surely?

If I won multi millions on the Lotto I would have a fleet of cars, each of which would cost in excess of £80k.

However in the real world, unless I were a business tycoon earning silly money, then no, £50k would be my limit.

Exactly people earn/have more money they buy a bigger house even though a cheaper house does they same thing.

1 minute ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Exactly people earn/have more money they buy a bigger house even though a cheaper house does they same thing.

That's very true Mike. In addition there is also the factor of doing something whilst you are still able to enjoy it! I know of a few people who have significant financial resources  but are physically unable to use them where they would like, such as sports cars

I said to the the salesman  pointing at the red GTS "That looks nice, shame that its got two cylinders missing!"

Funnily enough the guy manoeuvring the GTS said to me "Is this yours?"

"No" I said pointing to my white 981S in the showroom.

"Good he said, that's a far better car!"

17 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

I said to the the salesman  pointing at the red GTS "That looks nice, shame that its got two cylinders missing!"

Funnily enough the guy manoeuvring the GTS said to me "Is this yours?"

"No" I said pointing to my white 981S in the showroom.

"Good he said, that's a far better car!"

You've said all this before :wacko:

If it had been your GTS he would would have said great car sir :rolleyes:

Archived