There she goes..... whoop whoop!

Mattman42

First drive of my car on dry roads and man what a difference

she picks up and runs like a scalded cat between 60-100 and doesn’t want to stop pulling....

sports mode is good, sports plus is really not suitable for roads ?

overtakes haven’t been this easy since my 645ci cab - this is going to be a fun car to own

11 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

sports plus is really not suitable for roads

It’s useable in manual mode on the Pdk, for lightning fast changes and because it eases of on the traction control (or at least it does in 981, I assume 987 is similar)

Intoxicating isnt it...

The throttle response above 5k is ace.

I've gotten into the habit of doing 50% throttle overtakes, so the time you actually give it the full moo its still a pleasant surprise 

Find a largish roundabout say 50mtr diameter and build up speed round and round, the level of grip will eventually make you feel ill

Perhaps i’m just not used to it yet, but sport + with PDK feels like it’s hangin onto the gears too long for road use. I obviously need. Ore practice!

i also need to try launch control - for research purposes of course ?

I haven't tried launch control yet, Sports plus is usable on country lanes in manual mode but I agree it is a big aggressive on general roads but normal Sport is perfect.

I was a strict manual driver but im loving the PDK?

11 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Perhaps i’m just not used to it yet, but sport + with PDK feels like it’s hangin onto the gears too long for road use. I obviously need. Ore practice!

Launch is on the list of things to try on mine.  I just need a warm car, suitable dry road and no other cars around to play...

Sport with Auto is fine. Also in manual is good. 

Sport+ is pretty much unusable in Auto on the road (unless you want to look like a complete c*ck driving along at 7000 rpm through the town!) but is top notch in manual mode - where as Greenman noted you get enhanced slip angle and also improved gear and throttle response?

Did someone say hill climb event?? :)

I was wondering whether to ask Maundrells if they would host a few members for coffee and cakes one Saturday at their showrooms outside Wantage - is that something people would attend if timed right?

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

I was wondering whether to ask Maundrells if they would host a few members for coffee and cakes one Saturday at their showrooms outside Wantage - is that something people would attend if timed right?

Yes, I would  ?

On 10/04/2018 at 8:35 PM, Mattman42 said:

I have been lucky enough to try it in safety at the Silverstone Porsche experience. Wouldnt recommend it on public roads. I had to back off the first couple of times as the G force was making me dizzy. Instructor said that happens to most peeps the first time. It's brutal.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:35 PM, Mattman42 said:

On 4/10/2018 at 8:53 PM, rowbos said:

Launch is on the list of things to try on mine.  I just need a warm car, suitable dry road and no other cars around to play...

1 hour ago, NutsyH said:

I have been lucky enough to try it in safety at the Silverstone Porsche experience. Wouldnt recommend it on public roads. I had to back off the first couple of times as the G force was making me dizzy. Instructor said that happens to most peeps the first time. It's brutal.

Personally, if I had a chance I would try Launch Control in someone else's car (ie Porsche's, if possible) in preference to one I owned myself. I tried it at the PEC - it's just insane, and even though the cars are (presumably) built to cope with it being used (a few times, at least!), it's not the way I would choose to treat my own car.  And if you do try it anywhere public, bear in mind that to anyone within earshot, you're going to sound like an absolute plonker hooligan :)

50 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

Personally, if I had a chance I would try Launch Control in someone else's car (ie Porsche's, if possible) in preference to one I owned myself. I tried it at the PEC - it's just insane, and even though the cars are (presumably) built to cope with it being used (a few times, at least!), it's not the way I would choose to treat my own car.  And if you do try it anywhere public, bear in mind that to anyone within earshot, you're going to sound like an absolute plonker hooligan :)

Yes. That’s why I tried it at the PEC and haven’t tried it in my own car ?

1 minute ago, rowbos said:

Yes. That’s why I tried it at the PEC and haven’t tried it in my own car ?

... Yet :D

39 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

... Yet :D

Ok. You got me.

I’m not a hooligan (but may have been called a plonker on occasion ?) - when I do try it I will make sure there are no witnesses to pass judgement on me!

On 11/04/2018 at 4:52 PM, Mattman42 said:

Count me in

Archived