987.2 Black Edition ride height

CliveH

On 4/18/2019 at 9:22 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

Sounds very good and that you are treating your Boxster! Should handle and look fantastic ready for the summer. 👍

Yup and the update on the detailers social media says it’s about to commence (though I think my car may be of the lowest value he’s done by a factor of 10 or so)

6A879853-6CFD-48D2-BA73-C19650458066.jpeg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/21/2019 at 10:14 PM, MH82 said:

It’s the ones that are like square blisters, they’re too high to either go over straddling or with one wheel up.

Oh those tw*ts! Don't let me get on my soap box but if most cars were to go over some of those at 30mph there would be some serious damage.

12 minutes ago, CliveH said:

Oh those tw*ts! Don't let me get on my soap box but if most cars were to go over some of those at 30mph there would be some serious damage.

Wife’s S5 handles them with aplomb. My car now can’t really get over them at all, even at crawling pace.

My S4 is also lowered and struggles with those stupid speed bumps too but "one wheel up" at crawling pace is OK in both cars.

I upped the sizes on Molly 225>235 and 265>275 This gave a 6mm lift to the chassis whilst also reducing the arch gap by the same.

That helped me get on my dropped kerb driveway  :D

2 hours ago, Patt said:

I upped the sizes on Molly 225>235 and 265>275 This gave a 6mm lift to the chassis whilst also reducing the arch gap by the same.

That helped me get on my dropped kerb driveway  :D

That's a 4.0/3.5 mm lift not 6.00 😁

Standard 987's always look to me like they sit too high compared to the 986.

I think the compensation plates on top of the springs are much thicker ( 15 mm or so) which might explain the difference. 

23 hours ago, Patt said:

That helped me get on my dropped kerb driveway

Interesting, I'd not considered that. Are there N rated tyres available in 275/35?

18 hours ago, PaulQ said:

That's a 4.0/3.5 mm lift not 6.00

I agree, assuming a 35 profile.

20 hours ago, PaulQ said:

Standard 987's always look to me like they sit too high compared to the 986.

Exactly the point of this thread.

The fronts were still available as Ns the rears you needed to go to 285 to get the N rating.  That was a tad too close to the suspension for my liking (986)

I thought as much.

I'm already on 235s on the front and no doubt 245s are not available as N rated. 255 front and 285 rear would add 7mm, which could be a tad too much.

Car finally back from the detailers.

the guy has put a bunch of pictures on Facebook if anyone wants to see the full info - just look up DesignByDetail

though the centre caps and locking wheel nuts have been put in the wrong place.......

Archived