Interior comforts

W7PJN

4 hours ago, L40JRC said:

What do you mean by extended leather? Someone told me the other day that mine has that.  Does it extend to the dash? ??

This is an extended leather door card,  it also means the centre console condiment lid is leather, the majority of the dash board is also leather. 

TLLGY8B75SY04gdyG_4jdyH1rg5l78Wd6sHmtyeP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/4/2018 at 7:54 PM, PaulQ said:

Easiest way to tell is your door cards will have stitching along the top of them and yes, the material will extend to the dash. In the non version the door cards and dash are plastic. 

Hurrah, mine has the stitching! ??

22 hours ago, Southy said:

This is an extended leather door card,  it also means the centre console condiment lid is leather, the majority of the dash board is also leather. 

Well everyday's a school day - I never knew that compartment was for keeping your salt and pepper in! :D

1 hour ago, Jon61 said:

Well everyday's a school day - I never knew that compartment was for keeping your salt and pepper in! :D

picnics old boy :) haha

15 minutes ago, Southy said:

picnics old boy :) haha

Yeah, I assumed it was so you were always ready for an impromptu barbie :D

3 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

Yeah, I assumed it was so you were always ready for an impromptu barbie :D

too right and I pack the ultimate condiment  :)

012326.jpg

Not familiar with that one, is it Aussie?  We like this one (it's American, so god knows what's in it!), on thinly-sliced salmon done on skewers on a BBQ. And, if I say so myself, it's got a better name than yours ... :P

s-l500.jpg

Anyway, this has gone a bit :offtopic:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

centre console now painted waiting for cooler evenings to fit.......

sorry cant post any pics?

Nice!

Put lots of lacquer on it.  Mine is embarrassingly scratched :( from those moments I was forced to use the car to transport something when family car was not around.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:44 PM, Southy said:

A body color centre console does have a good impact. 

8YGplgZcORjllBagExan6WNuLm357PZxWDCb7_5R

That looks fantastic @Southy with the red console and also the red dash cluster surround too.  Is that also red stitching on your seats, I didn’t know that was an option back then.  Looks great.  I am tempted to paint my console and dash surround silver now to match my exterior colour ?

For the dash surround how did you overcome the grainy textured finish, did you sand it smooth first before priming and painting it?

52 minutes ago, W7PJN said:

Link below to my close to finished interior project. Console painted and re-fitted, air con controls moved

https://imgur.com/gallery/eraHWOo

Massive improvement and the sense of accomplishment is also good  :)

3 hours ago, Saxosim said:

That looks fantastic @Southy with the red console and also the red dash cluster surround too.  Is that also red stitching on your seats, I didn’t know that was an option back then.  Looks great.  I am tempted to paint my console and dash surround silver now to match my exterior colour ?

For the dash surround how did you overcome the grainy textured finish, did you sand it smooth first before priming and painting it?

Yes, well the original owner of my car optioned the seats with red stitching, so the door cards and seats and black with red stitching, I added the gear gaiter and centre console lid also in black leather and red stitching, love it to be honest.

I painted the centre console myself, the instrument surround I was very luck and bought it off ebay for less than I could paint it  :)

On 7/27/2018 at 7:06 AM, Loz987 said:

One retro fit that will really lift your interior is this...

41726303580_e41ff430fc_b.jpg

console delete with 987 crested sports seats. 

42201204595_92f3b682b0_b.jpg

look and feel great. 

Nice Loz, that estrella 4 pack looks great too, is that an optional extra? ?

Archived