Interior comforts

W7PJN

Looking for some suggestions, I would like to make my Metropole blue interior look and feel a bit more plush, has anyone done anything to their door cards for example, made the centre console look a bit more like modern Porsche consoles. My Boxster is 18years old and a newer Porsche  (GT3) is not really an option?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know about more comfort, but if you get yourself the console delete option, it frees up more leg/knee space and gives a touch of the 'GT3 spec'. It is covered in carpet and does cost around £200 new also will mean you lose your central console storage trays/cd storage

Clean and fluff up the door card carpets and mats. Clean up the leather too. Its free and can help to lift it. Painted centre console helps too. I had a Metropole interior and Zenith exterior and painted the centre console zenith. The paint in lighter colour helps bounce a bit more light. 

Leather covers for door pocket lids or A pillar?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREY-STITCH-FITS-PORSCHE-BOXSTER-986-2X-DOOR-ARMREST-LEATHER-COVERS-ONLY/351001778592?epid=720352482&hash=item51b95619a0:g:RRIAAOxy5QtSA2d7

Move the spoiler switch to the centre dash - one less poverty spec blank to look at.

On 16 June 2018 at 6:27 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

You could always remove and paint the console body colour, that can give an interior a boost ?

Fancied getting this done on my 987 for some time but have always stressed about dismantling / reassembling after painting.

Also thought about having the steering wheel retrimmed by Royal Steering Wheels, prob one of the best 'upgrades' you can do in the interior & doesn't cost huge money. 

1 hour ago, Boxstercol said:

Fancied getting this done on my 987 for some time but have always stressed about dismantling / reassembling after painting.

Also thought about having the steering wheel retrimmed by Royal Steering Wheels, prob one of the best 'upgrades' you can do in the interior & doesn't cost huge money. 

Removing and refitting the console is very straight forward, half an hour at most ?

5 hours ago, the baron said:

Any pics, not seen or even heard of this before

I haven't got a photo. But it is a straight replacement for the ashtray in any 986. It is an official Porsche part and easy to fit with just a couple of screws.

As far as I know they were only available in black and it comes with a small rubber tray. It's unfortunately not big enough to take a modern phone, but would be great for a startac flip! Though, coins and keys are more usually stored there on the move

I got mine from Porscheshop and seem to recall it was less than £30. Should be able to find a photo on their website. Think OPC would prob be a good place to a part like this too. 

The OPC part number for 1999 -> would be 996 552 096 01 @ £46.86 and you get three choices of colours Metal Grey, Granite Grey or Black.

You'd need the insert too, 996 552 596 00 @ £5.47

And the Preader rivet with expanding nut (x2) 999 591 941 40 @ £0.65

(all + VAT)

Both listed as part of the Non-Smoker Pack option (580)

162333_x800.jpg

16 hours ago, TimsterC said:

The OPC part number for 1999 -> would be 996 552 096 01 @ £46.86 and you get three choices of colours Metal Grey, Granite Grey or Black.

You'd need the insert too, 996 552 596 00 @ £5.47

And the Preader rivet with expanding nut (x2) 999 591 941 40 @ £0.65

(all + VAT)

Both listed as part of the Non-Smoker Pack option (580)

162333_x800.jpg

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

All thanks for all your thoughts, my plan of action is in place and my centre consel is being painted artic silver, I have bought new door cards (mine looked a little shabby) changing my stereo to double din, bought some aluminium pedal covers,  boxster cill plates, having a new roof, back to its original factory colour blue (currently black) this coming Friday 6th (Carhood Warehouse).

Will post some before and after for anyone interested over the next few weeks.

8 hours ago, W7PJN said:

All thanks for all your thoughts, my plan of action is in place and my centre consel is being painted artic silver, I have bought new door cards (mine looked a little shabby) changing my stereo to double din, bought some aluminium pedal covers,  boxster cill plates, having a new roof, back to its original factory colour blue (currently black) this coming Friday 6th (Carhood Warehouse).

Will post some before and after for anyone interested over the next few weeks.

Certainly a good list there! 

Where did you get the sill covers from??

They are coming from Design 911 not here yet though, rather frustrating ordered pais not in stock send when in - question when are they in ? Answer shortly !

On 16 June 2018 at 7:52 PM, PaulQ said:

Has the car got extended leather.? If not you could replace the door cards which look much better then the plastic standard items. 

What do you mean by extended leather? Someone told me the other day that mine has that.  Does it extend to the dash? ??

3 minutes ago, L40JRC said:

What do you mean by extended leather? Someone told me the other day that mine has that.  Does it extend to the dash? ??

Easiest way to tell is your door cards will have stitching along the top of them and yes, the material will extend to the dash. In the non version the door cards and dash are plastic. 

Archived