Today’s courtesy car.....

Greenman

Got a nice 718S from Sheffield OPC today.

These dont look like the standard bumpers, are these the GTS bumpers ? Or maybe the sport design package?

42178366044_40d0fc64d6_b.jpg41996310605_44e692842b_b.jpg

I really like the rear lights.

41086408570_87d017730c_b.jpg

Not as keen on the interior colour combination on this example though.

41086410390_c27da8b49d_b.jpg

I christened this in our favourite Strines run on the way bacK?

Good to see you finally got a Porker as a courtesy car :) White is the best colour of course ? I was eyeing up the similar version of lights for my 981 but can't justify the cost...yet...

How did it compare on the strines to yours?

This had gloss black side vents which worked really well with on a white car. 

1 hour ago, CMA said:

How did it compare on the strines to yours?

Pretty similar to be honest, obviously different power delivery but the biggest difference there is seen when not really pushing on as the 718 power comes on strong from 2000rpm rather than 4000 in the 981, ultimately outright performance seemed about the same.  Handling excellent as you would expect (no PASM here)  very similar to 981.  Ultimately being more familiar with my car I felt more comfortable in mine but you would expect that.

ive got this for at least another day as OPC has failed to fix mine (replaced a mount but now think there is a sensor issue as well)

A couple of observations on above car having now driven it a few times.

The exhaust is quite a bit louder than the standard 981 exhaust. I assume this car has the standard exhaust (no PSE button on console), having checked under the car this is perhaps no surprise as a rear silencers are MUCH smaller than the standard 981 silencers. There a quite a few more pops and cracks when in sport mode than the standard 981 and in fact comparable to to PSE installed 981.

This car has quite a few rattles (6months 7k Miles), in particular one of the doors rattles to an unacceptable level, maybe some work has been done and the door car has been on and off. Also a few creaks and buzzes from rollover bars and roof, but these are similar to my 981 and more normal.

I need to read the 718 user guide obviously as I failed to figure out how to enter a postcode destination into the satnav?

One of the most annoying rattles is pretty easy to cure. It's the passenger seat belt where the wee slidey thing slips down and allows the buckle to vibrate on the door card. Easy to fix, just slide the part back to the top and it stops it completely. Often happens when passengers exit the car.

My roof makes absolutely no noise.

Yes funnily enough this car passenger seatbelt buckle needed the retainer moving to stop that rattle, but it’s the driver door card area that’s worst here, certainly to a level I couldn’t live with.  Given that courtesy cars have a marketing function I’m surprised the OPC wouldn’t have addressed this as i could    put a potential purchaser off. Note - none of the other 718s I’ve driven have had rattles of any consequence.

i'm liking the look of that - but agree with @Stuart21UK - even having a full on red interior myself, that two tone option makes it look a bit cheap. The outside is lovely though, even in white ;)

Dare i ask how much one in that spec might be?

18 hours ago, Greenman said:

This had gloss black side vents which worked really well with on a white car. 

Pretty similar to be honest, obviously different power delivery but the biggest difference there is seen when not really pushing on as the 718 power comes on strong from 2000rpm rather than 4000 in the 981, ultimately outright performance seemed about the same.  Handling excellent as you would expect (no PASM here)  very similar to 981.  Ultimately being more familiar with my car I felt more comfortable in mine but you would expect that.

ive got this for at least another day as OPC has failed to fix mine (replaced a mount but now think there is a sensor issue as well)

Any chance of bringing it to the solstice run tomorrow night if they overrun with the repair again?

Just now, Nobbie said:

Any chance of bringing it to the solstice run tomorrow night if they overrun with the repair again?

Indeed. Apparently parts should be arriving sometime tomorrow and they HOPE to have it done by end of day, but I’ve already told them I may not be able to pick up late Thursday Afternoon so may have to pick up Friday morning, in which case I’ll bring this on Thursday night.

9 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

i'm liking the look of that - but agree with @Stuart21UK - even having a full on red interior myself, that two tone option makes it look a bit cheap. The outside is lovely though, even in white ;)

Indeed. The one styling area I don’t like on the 718 is the (over large) side intakes, but on this white car with gloss black intakes it looks great. 

On the two tone interior ive seen some that work well but this combo seems a bit of a random choice on a white car. 

1 hour ago, Greenman said:

Indeed. Apparently parts should be arriving sometime tomorrow and they HOPE to have it done by end of day, but I’ve already told them I may not be able to pick up late Thursday Afternoon so may have to pick up Friday morning, in which case I’ll bring this on Thursday night.

Great, we can all take turns in it around @K.I.T.T.'s corner ?

44 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Great, we can all take turns in it around @K.I.T.T.'s corner ?

So, it's official now? That's my corner? Like Gambon's on the old Top Gear test track? :P

On 6/20/2018 at 7:35 PM, K.I.T.T. said:

So, it's official now? That's my corner? Like Gambon's on the old Top Gear test track? :P

You got a replacement yet, young man? 

Archived